Total Pageviews

Friday, January 22, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 1/20/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
I like the potential contenders all having matches tonight ahead of the big battle next week.

Rose looks like he's more or less given up at this point. How many times has he been sent to work NXT now?

- Zayn vs. Rose:
This is pretty good so far. I feel like Zayn's just working off ring rust. They've got to be planning to use him on the main roster in 2016.

Zayn needs to be working with better, more experienced performers at this point. He's ready for that next step.

I liked Gargano's promo pretty well. He could be a good signing, although there's nothing wrong with him continuing to get experience in EVOLVE for now.

JJ/Gable vs. Blake/Murphy works for me. Both teams would benefit from more sparring at this level.

I love the buddy dynamic of American Alpha. The name drop felt a little forced, but I like the duo.

There is something pretty likable about Tye.

- Crews vs. Dillinger:
Tye has some good chain-wrestling skills, and clear charisma. I'm liking what we're seeing from him.

Apollo has pretty much everything WWE looks for. He's naturally likable, he's strong as all get-out, and he knows how to tell a story in the ring. I don't know how much more "polish" they want to give him in NXT, but he's definitely got a big future ahead of him.

Good promo from Crews. Not perfect, but he's confident and knows what to do in that department. I think he's probably already better than Ezekiel Jackson was when he was called up to the main roster.

That was a good enough promo from BAMF. Alexa's definitely the strongest one of the trio in that department, but Blake's not bad. Murphy still needs work. It's a good thing

That Vaudevillains teaser was legitimately creepy. Some of those early 1900s movies are unsettling.

WHAT'S RICHARD GOOSE DOING IN THE NXT ZONE!??? 

- Corbin vs. Swann:
Swann's smaller than the referee!!

WHOA WHAT. This Swann can fly, Maggle!

JESUS. Swann's agility is unreal.

I'm already a fan of this new guy. Those kicks are great.

Good match for what it was. Corbin needs more experience in longer matches with people who can work the WWE style. He'll get that with Zayn and Joe next week.

Dash & Dawson are always an enjoyable promo. Carmella's pretty good, too. Bayley's not a strong promo in my mind.

I'm just waiting for the inflatable tube people to turn heel...

- Bayley/Carmella vs. Alexa/Emma:
They're already taking it to the champ.

I'm enjoying the heeling from Dana and Alexa. I hope both do good things higher up.

Carmella's still pretty green. Alexa doesn't have a lot of experience herself, so this is a little rough.

That was a pretty cool submission move.

I'm excited for Balor vs. Crews. I look forward to seeing more from Apollo in a bigger match.

- Gargano vs. Joe:
Joe rubbing his forearm in Johnny's face in the corner is just mean. Like, damn.

Gargano's got some good fire in him.

That fall on Gargano's head looked ROUGH.

I like Johnny giving it everything he's got. He's not backing down from Joe.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY. THE SAMOAN SUBMISSION MACHINE HAS MADE HIS MARK.

Next week is going to be hype af.

Main Event:
- Swagger/Henry vs. Ascension:
It looks like Henry could take these two by himself.

I like Swagger interacting with these two in the ring. He's obviously more mobile and agile than Henry.

Good match overall.

I like the Outcasts for adding some levity.

I kind of wish they would have gone with the idea they were all going to be World Champion together, since they're all friends.

When do we get some Social Outcasts T-shirts on WWE.com?

- Breeze vs. Neville:
These two have a lot of experience working with each other, and it shows here. They seem pretty comfortable together.

Good match for what it was.

- Dudleys vs. Slater/Axel:
The Dudleys have still got it. That's for sure.

Good enough work from the Outcasts. They're making the most of what they've been given creatively.

The Bo Train reminds me of Swagger's dance with the Soaring Eagle and/or Michael Cole. Swagger used to be really enjoyable as a goofy heel.

WHOA. What? Axel and Slater beat the Dudley Boys? I definitely didn't see that coming. Bubba and D-Von have jobbed more than I expected when they came back.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment