Total Pageviews

Friday, January 29, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 1/28/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
Mostly good New Day promo. I'm pretty much over juvenile jokes about penises and butts. That's kind of Rock's shtick, which is sad.

I miss main event heel Miz with Alex Riley.

I also miss Teddy Long making random tag matches. I'm not sure how Titus and Ziggler fit into all this, but I'm fine with that eight-man tag. I do kind of wish PTP was coming out to help the Usos, but Ziggler's not a slouch in the ring by any stretch.

- Titus/Dolph/Usos vs. New Day/Miz:
Good teamwork from the brothers.

I still kind of miss Dolph working with Big E and AJ.

New Day and Miz work together pretty well, gimmick-wise.

Pretty good match overall!

WWE really likes Titus' image outside the ring with the charity appearances and such. They clearly would rather push him than Darren, so that could be why PTP has split out of nowhere. I'd like to see Darren go down to NXT if they're not going to use him on the main roster. He's a really good hand in the ring, and could work well with the people already there.

- Neville vs. Kalisto:
Oh, this should be crazy.

I like Neville using some strength to differentiate himself from Kalisto's flippy moves.

This is pretty nice.

Good match overall.

Nice post-match. I don't want them to get too "ROH" here, but it's good here and there given the talent they have.

Honestly, Chris Jericho gets a nod from me for his big performance in the Rumble. He's a valuable veteran worker who can still very much "go."

I hope Ambrose goes hardcore on Y2J's ass at WM32.

I like that Ambrose and Reigns are willing to do anything to go to Wrestlemania, even hurt their best friend.

Jericho's been good at just doing enough to get his guests talking.

That was a good way to end the segment.

I'm excited for that main event. Should be a good one.

Really good promo from the Outcasts. I like when even squash matches have something to set them up.

- Styles vs. Axel:
AJ is definitely a really amazing athlete. It's kind of a shame it took so long for him to make it to WWE.

Man. I feel like I'm watching TNA. This is really cool.

Nice match overall. Do the Outcasts need to be on the lookout for Balor, Gallows, and Anderson sometime around WM32?

I'm glad Natalya's back. She's been a very valuable player for the Divas' division.

- Charlotte vs. Natalya:
Nice submission wrestling here.

I think that was pretty good overall. Hopefully it makes up for the first match they had on Raw pre-Revolution.

I'm glad Becky's still in the picture.

I like Golden Truth as a team well enough, I guess. The humor's kind of weird, but I think they're a talented duo of veteran performers.

- Wyatt/Harper/Rowan vs. Reigns/Ambrose/Y2J:
Good stuff between Jericho and Harper. I hope Luke has a big future.

Rowan and Harper make for a good team. They complement each other well.

We need to see more between Jericho and Harper.

Reigns does his role fine.

Good enough ending. It's all about the fight.

I like Strowman being an incredibly dangerous, strong heel.

WHAT NOOOOOOO. I guess it makes sense for Show to be a victim for Strowman, but I'm not excited to see him.

That was a good ending. I think Show's just a roadblock to set up Strowman vs. Brock, so I'm not that upset. Hopefully Show sticks to the Andre battle royal this year.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment