Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/26/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I think Matt's heel turn was well executed. Yes, EC3 was only champion for two weeks in kayfabe, but that worked out better for the longer story. I think people have wanted to cheer EC3 for a while now.

Matt attacking his injured brother would be a one-way ticket to Heat City. Matt vs. Jeff at Slammiversary would be a big deal, if Jeff's able to wrestle then. We definitely won't be seeing him at Lockdown unless they pre-tape(d) something.

Jeff Hardy using profanity is a YouTuber's dream come true. It's one of the most Attitude Era things I can think of. Does someone challenge Reby to a bra and panties match next?

I love the idea of Matt's baby also being in the heel faction. 

The idea of Jeff being "the other Hardy" in Matt's shadow is genius, since that's always been a comment to bury Matt.

Matt vs. Jeff for the TNA Title tonight is huge! I expect it'll just lead to an injury angle, but it's a clever main event. I wonder if WWE would have even cleared Jeff since he said he needs another surgery.

Feast or Fired is fun to shake things up. It's very Russo-esque, but in a charming way.

- Feast or Fired:
O'Shea's my pick to be fired, unless Melendez is hanging up the boots (for now).

Nice continuity with the former Bro-mans fighting.

I kind of want to see Grado cash in vs. Matt and get rekt in the process.

Galloway is great. I hope he's headed for a big World Title match. I'd like to see him hold the title before the year's over. Pencil in Matt vs. Drew at Lockdown in the UK. I could see Grado going for a title there, too.

I like a good crazy multi-man clustermess here and there.

Knowing TNA's history, they might break up Eli and Jessie over the briefcase for a singles championship. I have mixed feelings on that. The payoff would be important.

I like the cruel and powerful heeling of EY and Bram. How long before someone takes a shot at Bram's real-life arrest?

Oooooohhhh interesting.

I'm guessing Drake gets fired, unless they do some ridiculous swerves like people want WWE to do.

I hope we see Angle vs. Matt at some point. Lockdown?

They usually milk the FoF stuff for a week. Although that begs the question of what happens if they open the briefcases before the official ceremony...

Random X-Division Title match to fill time. They need to make the division more than random flippy guys randomly flipping.

- Uno vs. Z vs. Mandrews:
Mandrews incorporating his skateboard is kind of amusing, although it reinforces the stereotype of the division as random stunts. 

Good match overall for what they do.

Good enough segment to set up Helms vs. Uno. They NEED an angle like this to breathe new life into the division.

Kong's eventually going to smash all these underlings, right? That's kind of what she does.

That was pretty harsh by Matt. I hope we see him face Angle before it's all over.

- Kong vs. Sky:
Wow. Velvet's getting woman-handled here.

Thank goodness Kong won. We're at a point where only Kong and Kim are believable champions, but it's not like the others have really shown themselves to be at that level lately.

Knockouts war continues!

They might need to call up Taylor Wilde if they're going to dethrone Kong.

The Wolves are really boring as promo guys. We're talking almost heel Jay Lethal bad.

Kind of a random appearance by Bennett and Maria. I do sort of want to see them challenge for a briefcase, though.

This miracle stuff is getting a little forced.

Ohhhh, boy. This gimmick should end well. 

Wolves vs. Steve/Abyss:
I like the dynamic of Steve and Abyss as a team.

That was OK for a match featuring extremely different styles. We'll see where things go from here.

Mist everywhere! What color should Abyss have?

I think that was the best possible outcome for the briefcases. Grado's act has run its course in TNA. I'm just surprised they cut him before the big UK tour. Maybe they have an angle on mind there where he gets his job back?

Matt, EY, Bram, and Tyrus as a group of vicious heels could be pretty fun. Lashley, Beer Money, and EC3 as the opposition works perfectly for me.

Oh, wow, they're just going to have everyone in this brawl.

Good chaos to end the show! They're really progressing some characters now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment