Total Pageviews

Friday, January 15, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 1/14/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.
ROH:
- ANX vs. RPG Vice:
They've been restrained in this match so far. Good work from both teams.

I'm liking this one for the most part. I can see why WWE wanted Romero.

And now they're getting spot-heavy.

That one kind of fell apart in the second half. It wasn't as bad as a lot of ROH matches, though. I'll give it a pass.

Oh, hey. I saw some of these people on Impact!

Cole vs. O'Reilly was really good.

"By golly we're the best tag team there is!"

That could have been a decent match without these cocky pricks getting involved.

The Philly Street Fight could be fun as far as car crashes go. I wonder what combination works best for a tag title match.

So, if War Machine loses this match, do the HoT guys get in the contendership picture, too? This segment should have gone before the Kingdom one so we wouldn't ask that questions.

- War Machine vs. Dijak/Daddiego:
I wish Dijak would stick with power moves. He could have a big future if he stays away from trying to be a flippy guy.

I'm kind of split on War Machine, since they're not fully committed to being big hosses. There are plenty of people who can do cartwheels and aerial moves; these two should be more in the vein of Harper and Rowan.

Martini's just not that great of a manager. His gimmick seems outdated in 2016.

Dijak will hopefully beat up this dufus and the other jabronis in ROH.

I'm not a big fan of Nana, but we'll see how Dijak does with him as a mouthpiece.

Why do we have a random four-way match, exactly?  The winner could face the TV Champion or something.

- Moose vs. J. Briscoe vs. Castle vs. Sydal:
At least they're not all fighting at once.

I like Castle and Moose mostly. They stand out.

I hope Moose has a big future, either in ROH or elsewhere.

Funny stuff at ringside.

This is going pretty well, I think.

Nice ending to what was a pretty good match.

Smackdown:
This first segment is funny, because I wouldn't be surprised if Ambrose and Renee arrived together.

Ambrose is manic af.

LMS at the Rumble is worth the price of admission.

I like the LoN/Roman's family feud. Sheamus vs. Ambrose is always a treat.

KO vs. Ambrose should be really amazing.

Neville's pretty low on the babyface list. A lot of talents were headed to India when this show was taped, so we've kind of got the skeleton crew. I expect Reigns was going to be in Neville's spot, but he had to replace Cena.

I love a good tables match here and there.

- Harper/Rowan vs. Dudleys:
Good start to things.

I really enjoy Harper. Rowan's good in a team/group.

Good hardcore stuff so far.

Nice match overall. The Dudleys beat three men, so I don't want to hear about them being jobbers.

D-VON'S GETTIN' BEAT LIKE A DAMN GOVMENT MULE.

Nice post-match overall.

Really good promo from Kalisto. I hope he's got a good future.

- Ryder/Goldust/Sandow/Swagger vs. Social Outcasts:
You know a taping's using the skeleton crew when Damien Sandow and Adam Rose are in a match on Smackdown. Most these guys are usually losing squash maches are working the B-shows (Main Event/Superstars).

I'm enjoying the Outcasts so far. I'm getting flashbacks to Slater Gator and 3MB.

I'm liking this match so far.

Good match overall!

Kalisto winning was a nice surprise. Hopefully Del Rio rebounds and is a top heel in 2016.

- Kalisto vs. Del Rio:
I'm enjoying this one. Del Rio is a methodical, technical heel.

Del Rio's just an incredible wrestler. Wow.

Kalisto's playing the underdog role well. I can certainly see WWE trying to make him their next Eddie/Rey. I hope Sin Cara's not left out of that; he's incredibly talented, too.

Kalisto's got some heart. I'll give him that.

Del Rio's a lot of fun as an athlete.

Nice match overall. I hope this isn't the end for Kalisto being pushed.

Strong babyface promo from Becky. I hope she has a bright future after something of a bumpy start.

- Brie vs. Becky:
Impressive fire from Lynch.

Good match for the time it had. The Divas just got short shrift tonight.

- Sheamus/KO vs. Ambrose/Neville:
Sheamus and Ambrose have some real brawls.

Owens is just outright mean in the ring. He's a great heel.

Neville can be really incredible in the ring. I like watching him most of the time.

I love the little things Owens does, taunting the announcers and that kind of thing.

Owens and Neville match up well. Neville's the small underdog you can't count out because he can hold his own with bigger guys.

This is turning into an out-and-out fight as both teams give their all to try to get the win.

Good ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment