Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
I liked the opening with Gunner. He should be PISSED after last week.

I'm guessing Gunner will get the first title shot after Lockdown? I'm really looking forward to Magnus vs. Joe. They're doing a great job setting it up with Magnus' bull@#&$ title wins.

Kind of a weird segment with Roode and the Bro-Mans, but I like the match it set up.

Not a bad 3-way tag match. I find it odd they're pushing the Bro-Mans ahead of Bad Influence, but maybe they have good reason to. I haven't heard any update on the contract status of Daniels and/or Kazarian past April, so that could definitely be it.

I'm not sure specifically why I like EC3 so much, but he fits the role well.

Interesting stuff with Aries and Roode. One flaw with TNA at times is there being too many shades of gray as far as faces and heels go with it being hard to tell who to pull for. I felt like that was true in this segment.

I enjoyed EC3's opening promo. Cheap heat, but funny.

I can't say I'm surprised EC3 went over the guy not under a TNA deal. It was nice seeing Williams again.

I liked the post-match. Pretty heelish of EC3, which they may or may not ruin by continuing to tease him turning on Magnus.

I don't really see why they switched Gunner and Storm as face and heel. It seems more natural the other way around. I do know Storm wanted a heel turn, so that counts for something. I liked the segment; I just question the alignment of the two men.

Good segment with Gunner after break.

I liked Magnus' promo setting up Joe's match.

I missed this version of Samoa Joe. Just have him show up and wreck fools. No tribal paint; no knives; no suits. Just beating the #&$* out of people a s a force of nature.

I liked the Aries/MVP segment. I do wonder why the X-Division Champion is in that match and not defending the title, but maybe they have a plan.

That was a great segment between EC3 and Angle. Hopefully they're getting behind the former Derrick Bateman. I don't know if he's "good enough" or "ready" to be beating Angle, but Angle's days as a full-time wrestler are notably numbered.

Kind of a chaotic Knockouts tag match, and not in a good way. I felt like they tried to get over too much in too short of a space.

Ditto for the post-match. I guess we're in for a six-Knockout tag or something at Lockdown? It's tough to tell here.

TNA did a good job of telling us Tigre Uno is coming at Lockdown, but now who he is or why we should care. I'm guessing we'll see more in the weeks to come, but I question this first promo.

I liked the Shaw/Christy/Anderson segment. Shaw's emerged as a solid and interesting character.

I hope they're drug testing Willow. Jesus that was weird.

I'm ready for Storm vs. Gunner at Lockdown. Should be quite the war!

Interesting stuff with EY. I wonder when we'll see Abyss again.

I'm a little surprised MVP took the loss there, but it was good work from the three of them (including Aries).

All in all, mostly a good show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment