Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Raw Reax - 2/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

While it's pretty tired to start the show with Orton and the Authority, it makes sense in the context of this angle. It might have been wiser to start things with Daniel Bryan. It's increasingly clear who the WWE Universe cares about more. It's more than just the "smarks" now.

I look forward to the tag team title match.

I liked the opening tag match. Glad The Shield went over, as it really wouldn't serve their adversaries much good to win as none of them have anything going on right now.

If we do get Cena vs. Bray at Mania, I hope Bray gets to cut some epic promos. Cena going into his usual shtick would be terrible. A win over Bray does nothing for either side. Bray beating Cena elevates someone new.

Ragging on the Super Bowl is getting pretty old. Bad News Barrett needs something new to do. Taking out Lawler works for me. He's one of the first names who should go when WWE gets serious about branding itself for a new era.

Nothing really wrong with Chrtistian vs. Swagger. It just feels like the same old, same old. I love Christian, but I'm ready to see some new faces.

Swagger face turn incoming? I don't know how well that would work. It looks like WWE's in a "breaking up tag team" mood at any rate.

That was a pretty cool cage match. I liked the ending. I can see Goldust being upset at the loss to lead to Cody vs. Goldust at Mania. I hope that works out well.

Jesus, WWE. One story at a time. Either focus on Titus turning heel or Miz not having a match. Otherwise, neither really feels important. I hope they're not overlooking Darren in this angle. It's not a good sign if they are.

WWE continues to do a good job of bringing Emma into the fold. I think she'll do well.

Nothing unexpected with Sheamus beating Axel. I like Sheamus well enough. There are others I'd rather see take a long vacation than him.

Batista's going to roll on Del Rio at Elimination Chamber. It probably won't be as one-sided as Brock vs. Show, but Del Rio's going to get eaten alive.

Fine match to establish the Wyatts as dominant. Clever to do the same thing with them and The Shield ahead of the two of them facing off soon.

I'm ready for The Shield vs. The Wyatts. Great promo.

Naomi vs. Aksana wasn't bad at all. I'm just kind of tired of the current feud.

I really couldn't care much less about this Divas feud. What are they fighting for? Total Divas isn't even on the air right now.

Orton vs. Bryan was AWESOME. Bryan continues to be an outstanding performer and Orton's an underrated worker in his own right. Solid work.

That ending made sense to keep Bryan as the underdog against the Authority. He did just beat Orton clean AGAIN, so I don't want to hear any complaints about him being "buried".

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment