Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 9, 2014

WWE explains Owen Hart decision, Naomi update, Mania season return, WWE moving? and Questions on Layla, SuperBryan at Mania, Raw and Nitro on the WWE Newtork, punishing AJ and Punk the part-timer

WWE clarified their thinking behind including Over The Edge 1999 on the WWE Network. I think they reached a pretty fair conclusion regarding Hart and Benoit. They're not ignoring either existing, but they also aren't going out of their way to promote either man.

Naomi has been pulled from live events following her injury on Raw. WWE adding this into the storyline in a notable way would be a clever way to make the most of the situation.

The Undertaker will return to WWE at the 2/24 Raw to set up his feud for WrestleMania. Honestly, I've had my fill of Taker matches over the years. I think Taker vs. Brock could be something to watch, but I'm ready for a new era of performers. I imagine Taker is still a draw, so WWE will keep using him as long as he's able to perform.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

NBCUniversal has until Friday to pony up the cash WWE wants for its content or WWE may look elsewhere to house its shows. It pretty much all comes down to finances here. It will be very interesting to see where WWE ends up. If Viacom makes them an offer they like, TNA's goose could really be cooked. There's no way WWE lets TNA remain on Spike if they move there.


For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. That's really unfortunate. I think she could have really gone far post-LayCool. The Layla who returned from injury had improved by leaps and bounds and should have been used better.

2. I don't think Batista would be too happy about taking a backseat to Bryan, but that's not a terrible idea. I think I'd replace the MITB with Bryan vs. HHH since that has more heat than a thrown-together spotfest that already has its own PPV. Feuds should lead to gimmick matches instead of gimmick matches leading to feuds. Either way, that's a huge endorsement for Bryan to go over HHH and Orton in the same night. But maybe that's a risk worth taking given the current level of fan discontent.

3. I definitely think a lot of that old footage will be available in due time.

4. I think Vince definitely wants Punk back into the fold, but if he feels it's not possible, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to "test" AJ somehow. They did make fun of her collapsing from dehydration. Vince has a rather twisted worldview at times.

5. With the right situation and opponent, he just might consider it. I don't think we've seen the last of Punk in a WWE ring.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment