Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/20/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Great work between Cody and Axel. I really hope Cody in particular has a stellar future. Axel has also been impressive at times, but something's holding him back from being truly exemplary.

Not a bad six-Diva tag at all. There were some good mannerisms in there so the match didn't just feel like a series of moves from people going through the motions, but something to invest in. Summer Rae and Tamina get particular props in that department.

Impact Wrestling:
I really liked the opening segment. I think MVP's addition has spiced things up for TNA.

I liked Roode's little segment. TNA does a good job of having consistent narratives running throughout the show.

I'm not crazy about the idea of Magnus vs. EC3 when Magnus already has Gunner and Joe as challengers. I understand them building something for after Lockdown, but I would prefer for them to have a tighter focus.

I liked Joe's challenge. This is the Samoa Joe I remember marking out for when he first came to the company.

That was kind of cool. I don't think it hurt the trio too badly to lose in that fashion. It's not like Joe destroyed all three of them. He just happened to be quick and lethal. I'm down for Joe as champion coming out of Lockdown.

I liked the creepy Samuel Shaw segment. Once more, TNA is utilizing talent we haven't already been watching for 15 years.

Weird stuff with Roode and Storm. I'll be curious to see where they go with Roode since he could also be in the TNA Title mix.

Interesting stuff with Aries and MVP. I'd like to see the X-Division Champion in a main event position at Lockdown. It'd be a nice nod.

I think I've kind of had my fill of Gail vs. Madison. While Gail in particular is a very solid performer, I feel like she's missing the "it" factor to some level. She can brawl and wrestle with the best of them, but I don't see her as the total package.

That wasn't an amazing Knockouts match. I hope it was building to something.

Shaw's one weird guy. I'd much rather see him face Anderson than another round with Bully Ray. That guy's gone after the coffin match, right?

I really like these Gunner videos to get him over as a face. He's not my all-time favorite wrestler ever, or even one of my favorites in TNA, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I'm looking forward to the Hall of Fame segment next week.

Good stuff with GunStorm. I'm glad the title match is being treated as very important.

That was kind of an odd segment with Roode. I'm guessing he turns face at Lockdown to screw Dixie out of ownership. That works for me. Hopefully they'll telegraph that more in the weeks to come.

Hey, someone remembers Gut Check! I guess I'm glad they're acknowledging it. That said, the Shaw segment was pretty creepy as always. They've got to be careful not to cross any lines here.

Good segment with EGO. I'm OK with where they're going here.

That might have been too much crammed into a short space with the Wolves vs. Bad Influence. Less can be more.

That was pretty creepy with Shaw. I hope we're not going for a rape angle here.

Jeff Hardy's finally flipped his lid I think. I guess I like it from the standpoint of him doing something different. I'm a fan of Hardy in the ring, but it feels like we've seen just about everything from him.

I'm liking the Magnus and Gunner stuff.

Interesting change of the match stipulation for the main event.

I liked having the Wolves and Storm come out to corner Magnus. Pretty clever. I mostly enjoyed the title match as a whole. I'm not crazy about no-selling in general, but that's a minor issue on what was MOSTLY a solid encounter. The story told with all the performers involved was well done. I look forward to where things go from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment