Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Interview with Madusa, potential Hall of Fame inductions, match cut from Smackdown and Questions on Willow, saving TNA, the 40-man Rumble, the Ruthless Aggression era and AJ Styles in WWE

The former Madusa talked about wrestling a bit in a piece centered on her monster truck career. I'm glad she took the hazing in stride, but that's BS to put someone through. By all means make her earn her place as a real competitor, but the ribs aren't necessary.

It's expected Paul Bearer and Scott Hall will be announced for this year's WWE Hall of Fame. I find it a little odd Hall would go in before Nash, but I'm guessing Nash will be a bigger part of a future class since Vince and HHH are so enamored with him. No word on inductors, but I wouldn't assume Taker puts Bearer in. I can imagine WWE tying Bearer's induction into Brock vs. Taker, which would be interesting. Heyman could proclaim to be a better manager than Bearer ever was, etc.

Eva Marie vs. Alicia Fox was cut from this week's Smackdown. The match was apparently pretty bad. I can't say I'm upset it was left out.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I really hope this was a troll question. At any rate, I've warmed up to the Willow character once I realized it's a way to freshen up Jeff Hardy. He's kind of been doing the same thing character-wise for a while now.

2. Now this was a more thought-provoking question. I think TNA's making steps in the right direction by focusing more on newer acts and fresher characters. There are still some people on the roster who I think should be wished the best in their future endeavors in 2014, but progress is being made. I definitely wouldn't mind a change in commentary teams to continue shaking things up. I also believe Dixie's run as a character is setting something up for after Lockdown, so we'll see what they've got up their sleeves. I've mostly liked her as a heel.

3. I know they've answered this before. It's harder to book that many people and you end up with more participants who don't have a very real chance of winning. I think 30's fine.

4. I think it's just that WWE's moved into a new era and (at least in that instance) aren't clinging to something from a bygone time.

5. I just don't see WWE really investing in a 36-year-old who's unknown inside the WWE bubble when they already have so many younger indie darlings they're not using to their full potential. Maybe once Styles hits his 40s and wants a lucrative part-time deal with the focus being on him, WWE will be interested in pushing him.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment