Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2014

More WWE Network notes, Cornette talks Kane, Interviews with Hogan/Batista/Miz/HHH, Apter talks Jake Roberts, Roberts' inductor, the latest on the Double J promotion and Questions on Morales, Warrior's titles, Big E, Layla and ROH

WWE has continued to work on issues with the Network. It's going to take time to iron out all the kinks.

Jim Cornette talked about the origins of the Kane character. I definitely see Michael Myers in the character. I'd love to see a reality show with Cornette and Russo talking wrestling. I think both men have off-the-wall ideas and both men have strengths as creative forces.

Hulk Hogan's "Today" appearance is up. Glad WWE's getting buzz from his return!

The legendary Bill Apter provided an update on Jake "The Snake" Roberts. I'm very proud of his progress.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Speaking of Roberts, DDP will be inducting him (See the press release). I think that's really fitting given the role they've had in each other's lives.

Part of a WWE Magazine interview with Batista is up. I admire his outspokenness and willingness to go against the grain, but I can certainly see how it gets him into trouble!

Sheamus and Bret Hart are set for the next NXT taping. I look forward to seeing where things go after Arrival.

The Miz was interviewed ahead of a live event. He's one of a number of younger talents on the outside looking in for WrestleMania.

Triple H answered a few Twitter questions ahead of NXT Arrival. The "WWE not hiring from the independents" thing just won't die. I think things were taken out of context. WWE might feel like they have enough of the stereotypical indy wrestler at the moment, but that doesn't mean they have no plans to ever hire another indy star. If WWE feels like someone will fit in with what they want to do, they'll hire just about anyone. The crash pad and helmets were a genius addition and I'm glad WWE went that route.

Jeff Jarrett is extremely hard at work on his latest project, holding a lot of meetings on a number of different ends of the wrestling business. Toby Keith and a key former TNA staff member are involved as well. If I'm someone like a Daniels or Kazarian, I'm keeping my eyes open to see what he's up to and if I might be wanting to jump ship when the time is right.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Lack of mention doesn't mean there's bad blood. It just means there's not much mention of him.

2. That's actually a pretty cool idea!

Nothing to add to 3.

4. As high on Big E as so many people seem to be, I don't think this can be overlooked. Some would say this is the danger of using someone who's fairly new to the game in such a big role.

5. I'm under the impression this is something of a personal issue and people aren't really covering it out of respect for her privacy. I'm not 100% sure, though. Either way, there's no real update on her being back.

6. Ultimately it's about what makes ROH the most money. If that's working with Sinclair, they should do that.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment