Total Pageviews

Friday, February 7, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/6/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
I liked Tamina vs. Natalya pretty well. I'd much rather have them on Raw and Aksana vs. Naomi here, but WWE's more into the Funkadactyls as characters.

Pretty good eight-man tag. The whole point of matches at this place on the card is to warm the crowd up, not steal the show.

Impact Wrestling:
WOW. THAT was a great opening. I'm normally not a fan of big violent clashes with a lot of weapons, but this one had a really good story to it and some heat. Both men played off each other very well, and that was a cool ending.

Pretty cool post-match. There's so much more depth to the Abyss character with the Joseph Park wrinkle thrown into thing. It would have been a shame if we never got to see his range as a character because he was stuck in such a one-note gimmick.

I liked the Roode/Dixie segment. Great, simple setup for Roode vs. Joe tonight.

MVP is adding a breath of fresh air to TNA. I'm feeling it. Good first segment for him.

I feel like Bully Ray's stuck in neutral at this point. After the coffin match, I think it's time for the character to disappear for a while. It's gone as far as it can go really.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Sabin has planned.

I liked the Curry Man "match" for getting Bully over ahead of the coffin match next week. But seriously, it's time to wrap a bow on this. We got more than enough of Bully Ray last year.

I'm not so sure I want EC3 to split from Dixie yet.

That Aries segment felt a little unrealistic. I wish Aries would have been talking about beating Sabin or something instead of a promo that seemed kind of out of nowhere.

Aries vs. Ion didn't really accomplish much, but maybe it's part of a larger story.

If Christy Hemme's not careful, she'll be in a coffin match of her own.

Good segment with Roode and Magnus.

I continue to enjoy Dixie's character. I know not everyone's a fan, but she plays the parody of herself so well.

Magnus vs. Angle was good enough to continue that story. I hope Joe gets the spotlight here.

I liked EC3 taking Angle out. It's a shame TNA generally won't put EC3 or Magnus over as real threats when facing top-level threats like Styles, Angle and Sting.

I liked Joe's promo.

Good continuation of things with the EY promo.

Bracing for something epic with Sabin and Velvet here.

That was great from Sabin. He's never been this good of a character.

Joe just owned Roode. That was really good. I'm looking forward to Lockdown.

That was a pretty good ending to the show to set up the next stage of the storyline. The Paula Deen line was clever.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment