Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2014

Superstars and NXT ArRRIVAL Reax - 2/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and the NXT Arrival special.
Superstars:
I liked Sandow vs. Kofi well enough, but I don't think it did much for either man's career. Sandow had something good going, then Kofi surprised him. It was kind of 50/50 as far as momentum goes. I hope both men get another shot at greatness after Mania. Maybe Sandow can get MITB again and actually cash it in?

I liked the post-match interview. This is what I've been begging for for a long time: promos and such that make the matches more than just "Athlete 1 vs. Athlete 2".

I liked the eight-man tag quite a bit. Everyone worked hard to make that one pop. Good work.

Arrival:
Yes, Haitch. I'm ready for this glorious show. It's usually a breath of fresh air from what's on the main shows. To be fair, there are some really good parts of the main roster as well.

I thought Cesaro and Zayn had a lot of energy and really put it all on the line. Personally I thought the match went too heavy on big bumps and spots, but obviously both men wanted to impress those watching (fans and Management alike).

That was a really good post-match. I think both men have really bright futures based on what I saw here.

Rawley vs. Parker was fine enough to bring the crowd down from the very high-impact opening match. Not every match needs to be balls-to-the-wall.

I liked the Emma segment. Something very refreshing about NXT is matches getting promos and hype segments. TNA also does a really good job of this. The main WWE shows could do better with it.

I liked the tag team title match well enough. It didn't blow me away, but it was fine to keep things going for The Ascension.

I really liked the Paige segment! More of this kind of thing for characters, please.

Great Stephanie segment to put over NXT and the title match. This is how I'd like to see non-wrestlers used more often.

Paige vs. Emma was quite good! I'm very impressed by both Divas. The future of WWE's looking pretty good with some of these acts.

Good post-match. Simple babyface gesture. I hope we see these two face off again on the main roster some day.

I liked the Adrian Neville promo. It was good to "introduce" him to people who haven't been watching NXT and don't know him from the indies. Believe it or not, not everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of wrestlers from around the world.

Good segment to get over Rusev. I'm not crazy about them sacrificing Woods vs. Breeze to get him over, but I think it can be justified. Presumably Woods and Breeze will have a rematch soon.

I liked how HBK mixed in some levity while putting over the ladder match. Good use of the Hall of Famer. This one should be something special. I'm not going to lie; I wanted a Bo Dallas promo tonight.

That was a really good! It wasn't the best ladder match ever with tons of zany spots, but they told a good story for two guys still early in their WWE careers. I think both guys could have good futures in WWE. I'm worried Neville might get stuck in the Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel role of flippy jobber, so hopefully they're careful with him.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment