Total Pageviews

Friday, February 14, 2014

Interviews with Storm/D'Lo/Stone Cold/Cena, Jarrett promotion update, big training camp, the importance of wrestling, Big Show spreads WWE name, NXT PPV update, 3MB meets a real rock band, Goldust-WM30 update and Questions on WWE Network censoring, Jack Tunney, criticizing WWE vs. TNA, NBCU picking up TNA or ROH and announcers going after Punk

James Storm talked ahead of an upcoming live event. He's always fun to hear from. He's a great part of the TNA roster.

D'Lo Brown talked about life after TNA. Highlights here. I do think people (sometimes myself included) focus too much on the physical age of a wrestler and how many years they've performed instead of what they bring to the table now. I try to look at it more from a standpoint of fresh vs. stale and who can still "go". Age isn't just a number, but it's not the only factor to pay attention to.

Stone Cold gave a "State of WWE" evaluation on a recent podcast, recapped a bit here. Vince having too much on his plate is a common criticism. I admire his ambition, but I think he needs to let go of the reigns a little more. As for Rey being #30, I'm guessing that was the plan before the Bryan takeover with WWE thinking the crowd would pop for a babyface potentially winning and for more action between Batista and Rey given their history. Putting Barrett there would have been pretty epic, though. I'd love for Stone Cold to be something of a roster advocate backstage in WWE for those afraid to ruffle feathers, but they have to stand on their own two feet at a certain point.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Country music station The Highway spoke on the potential promotion brewing from Jeff Jarrett and Toby Keith. I'm rather intrigued. I don't know how much they can change things right out the gate, but it certainly has potential to challenge the way WWE and TNA do things.

Update: Jeff Jarrett released a video about where he's going in his post-TNA life. It'll be really interesting to see how he'll compete with TNA for both domestic and international talent. AJ Styles, Daniels, James Storm, etc. probably still have his number if you catch my drift.

Dr. Tom Prichard, former head of FCW, is in charge of an upcoming big training camp along with some other important names. Hopefully people will take advantage of it. You can ALWAYS learn more.

Wrestling was mentioned as a great place to market to voters on MSNBC. This isn't really a surprise given wrestling's demographics.

Big Show did promotional work in India. I think he'll be involved in WWE in some way for a long time...

NXT Arrival, the "PPV" show set for the WWE Network, is expected to be a two hour broadcast. I'm down.

Tool played a private instrumental set for 3MB. That's awesome!

John Cena did a brief interview. He's nothing if not motivated.

Goldust shut down the talk of him facing Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania. There was also this. Interesting... I'd be very surprised for his run to wrap up without a big match against his brother. It could just get bumped to Summerslam.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. They might cut away to a different camera angle or something as if it never happened. I really don't expect to see nudity on the Network. Other than Vince McMahon's ass. I bet we'll see that a lot.

Nothing to add to 2. I can't be the only one who popped when Santino referenced him however long ago.

3. "Good wrestling" is completely subjective. I don't see how this can be argued. Wrestling that's successful isn't necessarily what's critically acclaimed and vice versa. Anyway, I definitely think they go after WWE more often, but it could be because there's a lot more out there about WWE. More shows in a week, more questions about it, etc.

4. I almost dismissed this out of hand, but I really wonder. I really doubt WWE would end up without any traditional TV home given its large audience there, but that's another story entirely. I'd think NBCU would want to make terms with WWE before going elsewhere, but if they couldn't woo them back, I could see them entertaining offers with TNA, ROH, etc. It'd be interesting to see what they'd be willing to do for those promotions. I think they'd want the promotion to look top-notch and have big audiences as to not seem like a step down from WWE, which would take time. I'd like to think Hammer and Vince would rather be partners than competitors, but you never know.

5. Oh yeah, they botched hardcore there. I hope the fans do give WWE hell at this point. But there's a big difference between going after WWE Management for the booking and burying hard-working talent just out there doing their jobs. Chanting for Bryan and Punk is fine. Some of this other stuff I'm not as crazy about.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment