Total Pageviews

Friday, February 14, 2014

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/13/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.
Superstars:
Natalya vs. Tamina was pretty nice. They match up well.

I love being able to skip recaps.

I liked Big E vs. Drew Round 2. There's a nice contrast of styles between the two of them. Both have got fire in their bellies and want to make their marks.

Impact Wrestling:
Holy #*@%. THAT'S how you give a big start to a show. I think they might have been overly ambitious and crammed a lot of stuff into one segment, but overall it was quite the kickoff.

Crazy opening contest. Very "crash TV" style, which I like in spurts but not set for every week. It can burn people out.

I mostly liked the tag team ladder match. It was also very ambitious with a number of stories going on. I question them teasing EC3 vs. Magnus as I don't know if they've been together long enough for it to mean as much as it should. Magnus already has Joe and Gunner to worry about as challengers in the next month or so. Let's not get too convoluted here.

I liked the Anderson segment, possibly because it means we're almost done with the Bully Ray feud. But it was a simple babyface promo not 100% full of anger, and that's always good. I don't think things need to be as edgy as some people believe.

I'm also starting to think the Wolves are being a little short-changed here. I would have liked for there to have been a squash match or something to set them up before putting them in a six-man tag, but we'll see how it goes.

I think TNA's doing a pretty good job of building up Samoa Joe as a credible threat. I applaud them doing Magnus vs. Joe on a big PPV instead of Magnus facing Hardy or Angle. Those two are both still top acts, but I think it's time for them to get behind some homegrown talent.

That was a pretty awesome six-man tag. Welcome to TNA, Davey and Eddie. All three members of the winning team looked like credible athletes.

Abyss' storyline as been pretty interesting. I applaud TNA doing something different with him after so many years as a fairly one-dimensional character.

I see a squash match coming on between MVP and Spud. Good segment. Spud's character works well. Not everyone needs to be a super-serious ass kicker who wants to put on great matches and win titles. It gets REALLY old.

I haven't seen the entire run of the Abyss character, but this is the most I've cared about him for as long as I can remember. The run involving James Mitchell was pretty great, but I might have to give this the edge. The only thing I think is missing is another match with Bully Ray since Ray was the person who put him on the shelf in the first place. I just don't know when that match should be. Lockdown feels too soon. Maybe Abyss comes back around Sacrifice and the match is set for Slammiversary? Either way, I want Bully to take a nice break from things as well soon.

Great Shaw/Hemme segment. I hope we see more fleshed-out characters from both companies in 2014.

Ahh, I missed MVP in the ring. Good work in his return.

Interesting segment with Roode.

I have no clue what the #*$& I just watched. Jeff Hardy must have finally gone off the deep end. Jesus.

I liked the Roode/Dixie segment. I'm not sure how I feel about Roode potentially turning face, but it's worth considering.

Well, that was pretty crazy. Good segment to debut the new chick (Alpha Female). It will be interesting to see if she'll go after the Knockouts Title.

That was actually a pretty good segment from Bully Ray. Tonight is a great place to set up him taking some time off. There's nothing left for the character to really do as a heel at this point.

Good segment to continue Roode's frustration.

That was a pretty cool ending to the feud. They did a good job putting that match together to mean something. Now, let's move on to something new and fresh.

I liked the ending to the show. I'm curious to see where things go after Lethal Lockdown in Miami.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment