Total Pageviews

Monday, February 24, 2014

Punk appearance gets press, sad Roberts note, Stephanie talks Angle-WWE, Elimination Chamber note, Interviews with R-Truth/Cesaro, more on Hogan return and the WWE Network, TNA title change and Questions on pushing McIntyre, Sting winning the Chamber match, Hogan and Batista

C.M. Punk appearing front row at a recent UFC PPV was picked up by TMZ. I'd be a little surprised if he quit WWE to do MMA.

Update: Stone Cold was also in attendance. He's DEFINITELY not going to do MMA.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts has been diagnosed with cancer following the removal of a tumor. Just when he had everything going for him. I'm glad he's taking such a positive perspective on the whole thing. I wish him the best from here on out.

Stephanie McMahon talked about the possibility of Kurt Angle returning to WWE in a piece on the WWE Network. Honestly, that's pretty much the standard answer and I wouldn't really read anything into it. Angle might very well be back in WWE once his TNA deal's up, but this interview didn't really tease that. What's she supposed to say?

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.




There were no surprise guests at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Apparently people were holding out hope of C.M. Punk being there.

R-Truth talked about a number of topics, WWE and otherwise. I wonder if Little Jimmy will be on his rap CD? I love his hair in those '90s pictures. The heel turn and what followed were by far my favorite moments of his career. I'll never forget that first heel promo. I think it's great he's working with Xavier. I don't think I'd mind more situations of veterans helping newcomers make it to that next level. It's a case-by-case thing.

Cesaro talked about his run in WWE. I still hope we get an angle of him turning the U.S. Title into the European Title at some point. That would have been great for his heel run with the gold.

CNN covered Hulk Hogan's return, which only encourages WWE to use him more... I got a kick out of him being featured in an Impact Wrestling shirt.

PWInsider.com has a LOT of content about the WWE Network available here. It's a pretty big deal for THIS BUSINESS.

The Wolves captured the TNA Tag Team Championships on a recent live event. Interesting. It was rumored they would take the gold ahead of TNA's upcoming Japanese shows. I feel like it's a little early for them to be champions, but I have a feeling there's something else at play here. Could one of the Bro-Mans be leaving the company?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I've seen those same qualities in McIntyre for years now. I don't know why WWE doesn't give him another look. I don't see much of a reason to bury Big E in this equation either. As early as he is in his career, I think he's doing pretty well for himself and showing signs of having good talent.

2. So, the best way to appease the fans upset about older part-timers swooping in and taking top spots is to have an older part-timer swoop in and take a top spot? That's a terrible idea. I'd probably go Mick Foley on my TV if that happened.

3. Believe it or not, there's still an audience for Hogan. I think his 478th nostalgia run will get an initial pop, but it shouldn't be a long-term thing. I think the discontent with the product goes back a long time. If I had to pinpoint one place where it "began", I'd say it was when Bryan vs. Sheamus was kicked from WrestleMania in favor of Cole vs. Lawler getting more time (and Cole going over). It's been building since then as things become more and more about the same old, same old and sports entertainment. And fans definitely care about Batista coming back. Otherwise they wouldn't be reacting at all.

Nothing to add to 4 or 5. Time will tell!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment