Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Main Event Reax - 2/12/14, Smackdown dark match, Hardy's TNA return announced, Interviews with JR/D-Von, NBA mascot delivers powerbomb, big Lockdown change, Raw main event, star busted open, Cena hits big milestone and Questions on Rollins as a Wyatt, Raw main event, Network censoring, breaking up tag teams, HBK no longer a heel and what will and won't be on the Network

Main Event:
I liked the opening six-man tag to continue establishing the Wyatts. I really like Sin Cara, but this was the Wyatts' match to win.

I liked Natalya vs. Aksana as well. Natalya continues to be very technically sound and to bring out the best in the people she's working with. Those are very valuable traits to have.

Big E vs. McIntyre was pretty solid. Drew looks like he's trying to get Management's attention with how hard he's working. I hope he's got a bright future post-3MB.

Jinder's pretty brave! I don't see this one going his way.

Nice squash to continue to elevate Big E. I like Jinder and all, but I think it made more sense to build the IC Champion than protect him.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Alexander Rusev beat Dolph Ziggler before Smackdown, which should show you highly they think of the latter. I'm sure he made Rusev's offense look awesome, though.

MVP announced the TNA return of Jeff Hardy. Kind of ironic given the rivalry MVP had with Matt in WWE. That was a great storyline.

Update: Not to be outdone, Dixie Carter made every match at Lockdown a cage match. I think it takes away from the meaning of a cage match to have so many of them. Plus it makes it harder for each match to stand out. I hope the gamble here pays off.

Jim Ross talked about C.M. Punk walking out, fan rebellion, MVP joining TNA and more. I'm also kind of split on the blending of reality and fiction that's become so popular these days. There are a LOT of fans who don't follow the behind-the-scenes stuff and just want to watch a TV show without having to be up-to-date on who's getting "buried" by Management. I definitely see Ross' viewpoint about honoring contracts and commitments. That can't be overlooked here. But I think I really have to side with Punk. I also agree with the difference between hijacking a show to chant for Daniel Bryan and hijacking it just to be obnoxious and anti-establishment.

An NBA mascot powerbombed a planted fan of the opposing team through a table! Obviously the NBA is burying Washington here. Seriously though, that's hilarious.

The former D-Von Dudley/Brother Devon talked about Bully Ray and more. Good little read. I think I'd be down for a brief Dudley Boyz run around the time of WM31 to cap off their careers. One last big tables match at WM31? Sounds intriguing.

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus is set for Raw. I like both competitors, but I'm ready for something fresh from both men.

Drew McIntyre got stitches after his match with Big E on Main Event. Three weren't enough! He needed five!

John Cena granted his 400th wish for Make-A-Wish. That's really amazing. Go Cena.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I also don't really see the logic here. I think all three members of The Shield are going to want to try to prove themselves as individuals, at least in the short term. I don't really see how Rollins fits into the Wyatt motif anyway.

2. If they're going to show Chris Benoit matches and Over The Edge 1999, I think they can air ECW PPVs as well. Just run a warning beforehand about the content in question. People who seek ECW content out should already know what they're getting into. Those who stumble upon it can easily be informed that it's graphic content. Win-win. I really get the PG push, but this is historical content WWE isn't expressly promoting.

3. Yep, the WWE philosophy is usually that people want to see singles stars feuding more than tag teams. "Tag team breaks up" is a pretty simple story to book to get to a PPV match, so that's what WWE's thinking.

4. Yeah, they really swept that one under the rug. I think there might have been hope of HBK vs. Bryan at WM30 at one point, and now that that's not a thing, they're kind of hand-waving the heel turn. I think they prefer HBK as a face these days.

5. I'd be very surprised to see much of anything on the WWE Network that isn't somehow owned or produced by VINCE MCMAHON, DAMMIT.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment