Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Report from Elimination Chamber, JR addresses Bryan situation, good Roberts news, Hogan update, WWE risk factors, Smackdown audience, indie promotion going national?, Cena hurt?, latest from Jarrett, Batista note and Questions on the WWE Network (of course), the Wellness policy, Hogan/Sting as GMs and Hogan returning

Here's an in-person report of Elimination Chamber. I'm not sure 100% what to make of this "fans just showing up and chanting whatever" phenomenon. I am starting to agree with the mentality of giving fans to some degree what they're asking for so they won't take over everything. I also think this discontent has been building for years with WWE keeping the same acts in top positions and part-timers and celebrities being really important.

Jim Ross answered a number of Daniel Bryan-related questions, recapped here.

Jake Roberts issued a statement on his health. He's quickly becoming an inspiration. Talk about your comebacks.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Hulk Hogan will be part of WrestleMania AXXESS. I hope we don't have any more embarrassing Hogan stories during this run.

WWE identified more than two dozen risk factors for their financial end. They're aware of a number of potential big issues. Hopefully they take action on a lot of them where they can. #22 was particularly interesting.

Smackdown drew 2.73 million, down from the previous week and really down from two weeks ago. I think there's definitely a contingent of upset fans tuning out.

There's talk of a "national TV taping" at Extreme Rising, but I think that might be a misdirection as far as the promotion itself showing episodes nationally. We'll see, though. I wonder what kind of shelf life a promotion built on ECW alumni can go in 2014, but it's lasted a lot longer than I thought I would!

A reported injury on Raw to John Cena is believed to be fictional. We'll see. It would take an act of God for him to miss WM30.

Jeff and Karen Jarrett put out a video about them leaving TNA and their future. I can't say I blame them for leaving, though I think TNA's making some great changes after booting Hogan and Bischoff. I think it can be argued TNA did alienate a lot of the fan base with those two coming aboard and the changes they made. It wasn't all bad by any means, but there were some big missteps for sure.

Batista is set to address the WWE Universe on Smackdown. Heel turn? I hope we are in for a change of the original WM30 plan of Batista reigning supreme while Bryan is positioned as notably lower than him.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. Interesting... I'd like to think anyone wrestling a match would be signed to a talent contract, but I guess WWE could get around it by signing Hogan or whomever to some kind of Legends deal. That'd be REALLY sneaky of them, but technically it would be within their rights to do.

3. I personally don't think there's enough juice left in either character to make that many appearances and for it to matter much. WWE already has more than enough GM-like figures who don't do much of anything of note.

4. Get a load of this guy. There's a large portion of the audience who doesn't know or care about TNA and hasn't seen Hogan in a long enough while to be excited for him to return. He won't be able to get by on nostalgia forever, but there's definitely a segment of people who want to see him for now.

5. WWE's taking a big risk. There's no doubting that. But it's a calculated one and it just might pay off in the long run. I can't say I blame Vince for balking at the cable and PPV companies.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment