Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/31/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I assume EC3 is in charge tonight. That could be pretty interesting.

The AOL Instant Messenger reference was great. That brings back some memories.

I'm mostly excited for EC3 vs. Bennett. Carter and Creative deserve most of the credit there.

The "cleaning the toilets" thing was pretty lame. Making Bennett do odd jobs around Universal Studios would have been a lot more entertaining.

What's to stop Billy Corgan from undoing anything EC3 does tonight? Removing Maria from power wouldn't do much.

EC3 vs. Lashley still has heat to it. Both men are quite talented.

Awful EC3/Bennett segment backstage. That's Vince's kind of humor; 2016 TNA needs to do better than that.

- Lashley vs. Bram:
This match could be pretty physical. Both men can really bring the violence.

I'm enjoying the power vs. power game. It's a breath of fresh air after so much flippy guy vs. flippy guy.

Sometimes it's fun to see two men just beat the hell out of each other.

Lashley can straight up kill people with spears. Damn.

Lashley vs. Galloway could be one of the rare feuds that justifies a 30+ minute war at Slammiversary. Long matches should be saved for epic feuds like this.

The "briefcase cash-in" thing is getting really played out. Most of that's because TNA has so many briefcases around at once.

- Bram vs. Drake:
Eli trying to undo his cash-in was pretty funny. Smart heeling.

I like Drake targeting the ribs following Lashley's destruction of Bram. Lesser wrestlers would have just done superkicks and flippy moves to try to win.

Raquel's certainly really attractive, but I don't know if she really adds anything beyond that. Than again, I said the same thing about Carmella in her early days with Enzo and Cass.

More toilet humor... Bennett as a referee could be funny. We'll see.

Jeff should be careful on dirt bikes...

Kind of a funny Eli segment backstage. He's growing on me.

I'm kind of ready for Matt vs. Jeff to wrap up. Slammiversary definitely needs to be the end of their feud.

- Tyrus/Spud vs. Bromans:
I like Tyrus as the big monster.

The Bro-Mans make a pretty solid duo.

I've hit my limit on Maria/Bennett on one show. We're getting into overkill here.

- Gail/Jade vs. Allie/Sienna:
Jade is getting hosed in this Gail-Maria feud. The Knockouts Champion is an afterthought, and that shouldn't be the case.

I like Allie's role in all this. She's pretty entertaining.

I like the double-teams between Gail and Jade.

Nice to see Sienna use her power well.

Impressive work from Jade.

That was a pretty solid match. Allie and Sienna told a good story as a tandem, while Gail and Jade provided solid wrestling.

Jeff/Matt is interesting enough.

Blah blah blah way too much Bennett on this show.

- Bennett vs. Storm:
Well, at least we get a James Storm match out of all this.

This is OK. I like Storm, but he missed an opportunity to do more interesting things elsewhere. ESPECIALLY with Roode and Young gone.

Bleeeeehhhh. Not a fan of the ending, but it's continuing the feud.

Nice post-match.

I like Al Snow's new gimmick and his new friends. I hope they do good things in TNA.

I'm just not really a fan of Grado and Shera.

Good beatdown of the goofs. Al Snow's one of the MVPs of TNA in 2016.

I'm glad the former Pepper Parks is getting a shot in TNA. Obviously it's not the stage it used to be, but maybe he'll make the most of his opportunity.

Are Matt and Jeff going to fight there for Slammiversary? I wouldn't rule anything out for this feud at this point.

Pretty diabolical move from Lashley.

- Decay vs. Drew:
Drew always puts up a fight. I like that.

Abyss is also pretty valuable for TNA with his years of experience.

Wow, this is an out-and-out war. Lashley put a hit out on the champion.

That wasn't bad at all, just chaotic.

It looks like we finally have a segment to compare to Snitsky punting a baby doll on Raw. That was something else.

I can only imagine what Matt and Jeff have cooked up for Slammiversary.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment