Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 6/22/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- Dillinger vs. Lorcan:
I'm liking this early. Tye's solid as always, and Lorcan's got some good fundamental wrestling ability.

Lorcan's got good ferocity and agility...

But he's not a Perfect 10. Good superkick spot.

BAH GAWD WHAT A NECKBREAKER! Impressive showing from the former Biff Busick.

Solid Aries promo. Jose was OK in his role.

I'm glad we'll see Bayley again, although it's kind of weird she was hanging out outside in her ring gear.

- Jose vs. Woods:
I like the idea of another legitimate MMA guy in WWE. There's room for some of those types in the sports entertainment world.

That's an OK finisher. I like Jose, although I wonder how far he can get in this role. If he's fine with ending up in the (pre-suspension) Adam Rose/Fandango/Breeze position, he can presumably get some mileage from that spot.

Aries is always a believable promo.

OH MY GOD Aries' dancing was hysterical.

So, did the dancing put Austin over the edge, or was he going to turn on him the whole time?

I'm willing to see what Austin can teach Jose. That's what veterans like him are in NXT for.

That was a pretty good backstage segment to set up Nakamura vs. Balor and Nakamura vs. Murphy.

- Bayley vs. Deonna:
Deonna would be a fine prospect to join NXT on a regular basis.

That wasn't bad to put Bayley back on the map. I hope she's main roster bound after Brooklyn.

Good segment between Alexa and Carmella. Both of them are coming into their own pretty well.

- Nia vs. Liv:
Oh Liv you are so dead.

Liv's OK, I guess.

That was fine to show Jax can destroy a high school cheerleader.

- Nakamura vs. Murphy:
Talk about your educated feet.

And some knees to boot.

I like Murphy refusing to go down without a fight.

Fine enough to build to Shinsuke vs. Finn.

Main Event:
Pretty fun promo from Enzo and Cass to rag on the returning Ascension. I expect Konnor to go right back to doing jobs.

- Ascension vs. Enzo/Cass:
I'm glad Viktor's fired up after being dissed by Enzo.

Good opening.

Viktor's been something of a sleeper hit without Konnor.

That was pretty fun for the time it had.

- Cara vs. Corbin:
I like Corbin's downright dirty counters to Cara's high-flying offense.

Impressive offense from Sin Cara as alwyas.

That was pretty good.

- Rusev vs. Ryder:
I love Rusev's wrestling ability. He's got a lot of tools as a superstar.

Rusev's entertaining as a monster. Ryder's playing his role well, too.

I wish the Elbro Drop had been protected more.

Good ending.

Another show of domination by the U.S. Champion.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment