Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 6/15/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
I hope we don't dwell too long on the aftermath of Joe vs. Balor. It's time for both men to move on.

- Authors vs. Unnamed Jobbers:
OH MAN THESE TWO GUYS LOOK BADASS. I'm looking forward to seeing them destroy people.

I like the Authors destroying their opposition as a unit early instead of politely starting it off one-on-one.

Part of me wants the Authors to be named after actual authors. I expect they'll just be "Selmani" and "Dhinsa."

That was OK for a one-dimensional ass-kicking. The Authors definitely have the size and strength to be successful, especially with Ellering in their corner. They're going to need experience to make it all come together.

Almas not speaking English is going to hurt him. I can see why fans are sympathizing with Tye in this feud.

Ellering's smooth. I like him in this role already.

Where Carmella differs from Enzo and Cass is they can cut killer promos beyond their entrance.

- Carmella vs. Tessa:
Seeing the names Ellering and Blanchard on a WWE show in 2016 is a pleasant surprise.

Carmella at least has good energy in the ring.

I wouldn't mind Tessa becoming an official part of NXT. She was good here.

Nice enough match. I definitely think Carmella needs to be working with more experience performers if she's going to make it to the next level as a worker.

Good promo from Joe. I'm excited to see his next challengers.

I liked Blake and Murphy's promo. It's good to see what they can do without Alexa's presence.

- Blake/Murphy vs. TM61:
I'm enjoying the pairing of Thorne and Miller already. They have an entertaining dynamic.

Thorne in particular is impressive.

B&M have become a pretty solid team.

Good work by both sides. I liked the story told.

Really good Revival promo. I hope this title reign goes well for them and their challengers.

I'm definitely excited for Bayley to mix it up with Asuka again.

- Almas vs. Dillinger:
Cien definitely has some impressive agility.

Smooth work by the former La Sombra.

Tye's a solid veteran presence. I wish NXT had a few more people in that role for the undercard and midcard.

That was fine to show what the flyer can do. He's adjusting to the WWE style pretty well so far.

It's crazy to think about how many people have come through NXT and made it to the main roster in Balor's tenure.

I'm pretty much ready for Finn to "graduate." I like him a lot, but it's time for him to go do bigger things on the main roster.

This segment's dragging on.

Somewhat shockingly, Balor and Nakamura only had one singles match in Japan.

I'm all for these two facing off. That makes perfect sense for Finn's last big match in NXT.

Jesus Christ Full Sail cool it with the chants. It's just a promo.

Main Event:

- Becky vs. Summer:
Good back-and-forth to start things off.

Summer's an underutilized worker. She's a talented hand to have around.

I'm liking this one. They're going hold for hold.

Solid match overall.

Apollo vs. Sheamus isn't as interesting or important as it should be given Sheamus' accomplishments and current movie fame.

Apollo vs. Bubba should be pretty good. Fine enough promo.

- Swagger vs. Viktor:
Nice game of keepaway early.

I like Viktor trying to wear Swagger down. He never wins a match, but it's nice to see him try.

This is getting pretty good. I'm glad they're getting time to tell a story.

Viktor's reminding me of Cesaro with all these Canadian Lifters/European uppercuts. 

That was good overall. Strong effort from both men.

- Bubba vs. Crews:
I'm liking Bubba's mind games.

It's a story of the crafty veteran against the athletic newcomer.

Good use of D-Von as an assistant.

That was mostly good. Apollo's athleticism is top-notch. The Dudleys teasing using tables is getting pretty stale, though.

The Dudleys vs. Apollo Crews and Moose needs to happen later this year.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment