Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 6/23/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.
ROH:
- Gedo vs. Castle:
Dalton's intangibles make his ring work stand out more.

This is fun so far.

Really fun spot with the Boys. I wish ROH was this entertaining more often.

Solid work by both men. That was pretty good.

I'm excited for Corino vs. Whitmer finally happening.

What's to prevent Cole and the BC from getting involved with Jay/Jay 2?

- Ishii vs. Ferrara:
I kind of like Ishii no-selling generic ROH wrestlers.

Ishii's an out-and-out beast.

DAMN. Ferrara didn't stand a chance.

I'm loving this Corino promo. Compare this to how boring and fake Jay Lethal sounds as a heel.

This is just at another level. Corino vs. Whitmer should be a highlight.

- M. Jackson/Omega/GoD vs. Strong/Lethal/Briscoes:
Uggggghhhhh.... I have not missed the Bucks in the ring.

This is OK when Elite aren't involved.

Pretty much a mess here.

CHRIST what a dropkick spot. I like some sick bumps here and there.

Way too many superkicks. Same old shit.

This match is absolutely shit. Just a whole bunch of moves all over.

Oh thank God it's finally over. There was a solid show starting off, but that last match ruined a lot of the goodwill they had. It's a shame, because the last two episodes have been stellar.

I couldn't care any less about Jay vs. Jay. The money feud is Lethal vs. Adam Cole and Lethal/Cabana II.

Smackdown:
How about Mauro/Otunga/Graves as the Smackdown announce team after the draft? Or replace Otunga with Phillips in that scenario. And hey how about replacing JBL while we're at it?

Rollins is one of the best promos out there right now. His character's so smug and self-righteous. A textbook narcissist.

I liked Rollins' opening statement.

Rollins vs. Zayn should be pretty good. Maybe Zayn can break out after the draft?

Uuuugggghhhh.... Ambrose is so forced at this point. Talented guy, but the reason he works is because he's not the stereotypical WWE comedy face they're trying to turn him into.

OK, at least adding the title to the Asylum sign was funny.

Rollins put up with that longer than I expected.

I liked the Cesaro and Del Rio promos. WWE NEEDS to do more little promos like that after the brand split to sell matches. Too many bouts just "happen."

- Cesaro vs. Del Rio:
Good start. These two are just out-and-out solid wrestlers.

Impressive athleticism.

I like the story of Del Rio targeting the arm, since that's Cesaro's bread-and-butter with the uppercuts and swing.

I REALLY hope Cesaro gets something more than "guy who does European uppercuts" as a character and performer in the months to come.

That was an impressive match. Cesaro moves up a notch while Del Rio slides further down.

- Sheamus vs. Apollo:
This is pretty much "get my shit in" the match.

GOD DAMN what an ending. Moose might want to stay in ROH if his future is getting KO'd by Sheamus.

Fine banter between The Club and Usos.

- Jimmy vs. Styles:
AJ definitely needs to make fairly quick work of Jimmy if we're supposed to buy him as a threat to Cena.

Good fast action so far.

That was mostly good. I just wish AJ would have won clean BEFORE The Club came out and attacked. I get he's an underhanded heel, but he should be able to knock off a tag team guy.

- Vaudevillains vs. Kofi/Big E:
I hope Aiden and Simon get a better shake after the draft.

Fun match so far. These two sides play off each other well.

Nice ending.

I missed the Wyatts' spooky promos.

Unless they bring back the European Title, I really don't seen Darren holding a singles title.

I like Darren. I just don't know far they can take him with this gimmick.

I'm glad Zayn has goals beyond beating Kevin Owens.

Good promo from Charlotte and Dana. I'm liking their association.

- Becky vs. Dana:
Dana's such a solid heel.

Disappointingly short match. I know these two could do more with more time.

Becky just never catches a break, does she?

That was mostly a good post-match.

Rollins is never going to escape Ambrose. They're going to be fighting in a backstage segment at Wrestlemania 73 on Jupiter.

- Rollins vs. Zayn:
Good action so far.

I like the story of the cocky heel vs. the (also) talented babyface.

Zayn's incredible.

That was a really good ending sequence. I'm glad the former WWE Champion was able to get the job done.

Good ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment