Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 6/29/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

NXT:
- Alexa vs. Carmella:
Impressive start. They're both improving.

Both competitors are better with their characters than their wrestling, but they're pulling off some nice work in both categories here.

Bliss is just plain mean. I like it.

That ended up being pretty solid. Good work from both workers.

Not a bad Shinsuke promo, but this "calmly discussing an upcoming big match" bullshit needs to GO. If Nakamura's not excited, why should we be?

Good promo between Bayley and Alexa. I think Carmella and Alexa can step up as part of the next generation of NXT women once Bayley is called up.

- Potjes vs. Cien:
Almas is definitely an impressive flyer. His agility is mind-blowing.

I like Noah's aggression and trash talk.

Almas' finisher is unimpressive, since it's clear he's not hitting the knees to his opponent's face. There's got to be something better he can end the match with.

Aries is a lot of fun. I like him not trying to appease the fans who have abandoned him for Jose.

Instead of the Demon vs. the King of Strong Style, it's two friends who are calmly getting in the ring together. I liked Balor's promo, but it hardly sold what should feel like an epic match.

I look forward to the next round of Alexa vs. Bayley next week.

- Ciampa/Gargano vs. Hype Bros:
Mojo's got good energy. He's continuing to progress as a WWE superstar.

I'm liking the combination of Gargano and Ciampa. There's potential for them to be quite good if they can combine their strengths (Gargano's speed and never-say-die attitude, Ciampa's vicious streak and tenacity).

This match should get five stars just for Mojo bringing out the POOOOUUUUUUUUUUUNNNCCCCEEE.

This is heating up pretty nicely. I think these two teams would be fine on the main roster, although it wouldn't hurt Gargano and Ciampa to spend more time teaming and perfecting their unity before that happens.

Good match.

I like Gargano and Ciampa wanting a shot at the champions.

I also like the former champs being motivated to get their gold back.

There's a difference between "you guys haven't earned a shot and we already beat you guys" and "you guys aren't even worthy of being champions."

That tag title match is going to be INCREDIBLE. I hope the division is in good hands after the brand extension.

I can't wait to see American Alpha face Team Mastadon.


Main Event:
- Dragons vs. Ascension:
The legendary feud continues. I missed this pairing of teams.

This is fun so far.

That was pretty good. Sometimes it's fun for a match to just happen and get some time to tell a story. That shouldn't generally happen on Raw or Smackdown, though.

Breezango is a fun little undercard act.

- Golden Truth vs. Breezango:
That was OK for a short match continuing a low-level feud. There's only so much more they can get out of these teams facing off.

I was wondering when we'd see the Shining Stars again. I still couldn't care much less about the Puerto Rican angle, but at least they're not being totally thrown away.

- Swagger/Ryder vs. Shining Stars:
I'm liking the story of focusing on Swagger's leg.

I like the pairing of Swagger and Ryder. It's an interesting combination of styles, and I think they could have some fun segments together.

Fine match to re-establish Primo and Epico. They've got their work cut out for them standing out in the current tag team landscape, though.

- Dudleys vs. Enzo/Cass:
Pretty good opening. I'm OK with the Dudleys being used to elevate an awesome team like Enzo and Cass. If they have to job to The Ascension or Shining Stars, I'll be more upset.

This is going pretty well. A pretty fun match so far.

That was enjoyable.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment