Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2016

Raw Reax - 6/27/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
Welp, it didn't take them long to address Roman being out!

Rollins going SO hard on Roman right now.

I mean, damn. Seth's not holding back. I'm glad they let his character have that kind of leeway instead of brushing Roman's suspension under the rug. It's good they're not protecting someone who let the company down to such a big degree.

I love the idea of AJ wanting to take Roman's spot. Smart booking.

Big Match John wasting no time getting back into the title picture.

Seth's great in not wanting to have anyone other than himself and Ambrose in the title match.

Stephanie right back to being a heel.

I guess not having the McMahons feud with each other this week is OK. We've seen plenty between them.

Two exciting matches set for tonight. Wow. I hope the people who say they support AJ, Dean, and Seth tune in.

- Charlotte/Dana vs. Paige/Sasha:
I like the teaming of Sasha and Paige. It's kind of odd on paper, but it's working out alright.

Charlotte and Dana make a good pairing.

That was mostly fine.

- Rusev vs. Titus:
Good enough hossfest so far.

Uggghhhh.... another heel trying to duck a challenger.

That could have been better. I'd rather have had Lana try to protect Rusev leading to that ending instead of Rusev powdering out.

I'd love for Vince to announce neither Shane nor Stephanie will run Smackdown. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Kind of a funny Stephanie/Kane/Miz/Maryse segment, although Stephanie basically went from heel to face again.

- Cena vs. Rollins:
These two always work well together.

Rollins should go for the big knee to the face again.

Both men are incredible athletes.

They're just throwing out everything to beat each other. Shades of ROH.

Great work; they just probably did too many big moves.

I'm pleasantly surprised Rollins got the pin on Cena. It wasn't clean, but it still counts to a degree.

I could go without seeing the fans do the wave. They take over the show enough as it is.

- Enzo/Cass vs. Rolde/Cocci:
Well, that didn't take long!

God I missed the Social Outcasts.

That was mostly fun.

Shout-out to Big Show for all the PR work he does for WWE.

Nice for Becky to realize matches aren't everything. The last thing she needs is to get suckered into ANOTHER beatdown.

Jericho can be pretty good at getting under people's skin.

I'm all for Zayn vs. Owens wrapping up (for now) at Battleground. Are they going to be this generation's Undertaker and Kane, teaming up them feuding every few years?

Really good stuff between Zayn and Owens. Y2J's presence is adding to things for the most part, since the focus is still on the young guys.

- Miz vs. Kane:
I've actually kind of missed Kane in the ring. He's fun in small-ish doses.

Great acting job by Maryse to make sure her man kept the title. Kane vs. Miz at Battleground works for me.

Silly Miz/Maryse backstage segment, but fun in the same way.

- Cesaro/Crews vs. Sheamus/Del Rio:
So much for the LoN ending.

Cesaro's matches are becoming more about the spectacle of swings and uppercuts than anything. I'm not a fan of it.

Cesaro and Sheamus work together quite well.

Del Rio turning is meh. He could use a big character reboot.

Another win for the New Era.

Mehhhhhh I'm really not interested in Ambrose feuding with Stephanie. "McMahon family member has a grudge against the champion" has been done to death at this point.

I like New Day, but I don't like them no-selling the Wyatts. Unless Bray and company are going to destroy them, it makes them look like they're not threats.

Bray trying his best to make this a serious feud.

That was OK, I guess. I don't know where they're going with Xavier, though. This could really be a bad angle.

- Ambrose vs. Styles:
Nice opening with each man avoiding each other's finishers.

This is a solid wrestling match without throwing out every high-impact move in each man's arsenal.

This is pretty exciting. I like how they work together.

I don't like Dean hitting a suicide dive right after the Calf Crusher. It more or less no-sold that move's effects.

I'm getting pretty tired of the rebound clothesline, especially when it no-sells the previous big move to Dean.

I think Finn Balor's going to have something to say about AJ pulling out that move.

Good ending.

I like the loose alliance of Rollins and The Club. It was good to see the heels get some serious heat on the faces.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment