Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/7/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

This Hardys feud is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. TNA's gone into pretty wild territory with Corgan at the helm.

I like the idea of Matt still wanting the World Title.

I'm not crazy about the idea of teasing one of the selling points of Slammiversary (Matt vs. Jeff) won't happen.

I'm sure Drew vs. Matt will be great, but I don't like the idea of totally changing the PPV the week of the show. If Matt wins, what matches do we have at Slammiversary? Even if Jeff returns, Matt as champion changes the main event stipulation that's already been signed.

I wish Jade had a title match set for the second biggest TNA show of the year before the go-home show, but here we are.

- Madison vs. Sienna:
I like the pairing of Allie and Sienna. They make a fun duo.

That was OK, I suppose. It was just there to set up the title match on Sunday.

Madison vs. Allie would be a good addition to Slammiversary if they need to fill time.

Could Maria fire Gail if she wanted? Or make her compete in handcuffs or something? She's not taking full advantage of her position.

Drake's growing on me.

I think there needs to be a three-to-six month ban on talk show segments in wrestling. They're getting pretty played out.

This Fact of Life segment is just out-and-out crazy. Not that I'm surprised. TNA is wild these days.

Oh now it's getting even crazier. Pier 6 brawl doesn't even cover it.

I like the idea TNA knew the brawl wasn't going to end any time soon so they just throw it to commercial.

- Grado/Shera/Bro-Mans/Bram vs. Drake/Abyss/Steve/Baracca/Dax:
This is a pretty wild match.

Well that was fine to set up crazy things happening at the PPV.

Nice promo from EC3 and Gail. Carter's one of the best promos in wrestling.

I'm glad Lashley's not just going to let Matt take the belt from Drew. I expect about 30 spears tonight.

Allie's the official hype girl of TNA I guess.

TNA's definitely tying to make EC3 vs. Bennett a big deal. I'll give them credit on that end.

- Bennett/Allie vs. EC3/Gail:
Allie's a lot of fun already. It's OK to have someone in her role to differentiate herself from the other Knockouts.

EC3 destroying Bennett was fun.

Allie trying to steal the show here.

That was pretty fun to watch.

Where was Jade and/or Madison to save Gail? Some friends they are.

I'm surprised the real-life couple Sutter and Allie weren't put together, but we'll see how they do separately.

- Trevor vs. Edwards:
Eddie's motivated. I like it.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY EDDIE EDWARDS IS A MAN POSSESSED.

I mean, damn. Eddie's just running over him here.

Run-ins and interferences everywhere!

That wasn't bad as far as "Attitude Era" chaos and shenanigans go.

I'm really looking forward to Drew vs. Lashley.

- Sutter vs. Callous:
Fun face, Callous is famed FCW performer Buddy Stetcher. So many great jokes were made out of that name.

Hey, Sutter's not wasting any time with his TV debut.

That was good as far as getting a lot of big moves in in a short period of time.

I'm interested to see what's next for Sutter. Also, where are Caleb Konley and Marshe Rockett?

Willow vs. Broken Matt is going to be the craziest thing.

- Galloway vs. Matt:
Drew Galloway's full of rage. A very motivated competitor.

I liked the spot involving the fans at ringside.

OUCH. That suplex on the ring apron tho.

Everyone just beats the hell out of everyone on Impact. Their low audience isn't due to lack of effort on the part of their wrestlers.

I'm interested to see if Matt or Jeff challenge Lashley and/or go for the TNA Title right after Slammiversary.

Drew vs. Lashley's going to be insane.

WHAT AM I WATCHING???

One of the craziest endings to a wrestling show I've ever seen.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment