Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 6/9/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

Umm yes, AJ, it's pretty much just you comparing MITB to Wrestlemania. I'm sure it will be a good card and it does have two big, solid matches on top, though.

How many people have done the "Cena isn't a good wrestler and I'm tired of him" thing now?

The Club has definitely made a big impact in multiple promotions.

I'm interested to see how The Clubbers fare at MITB and beyond.

It's kind of unfortunate Enzo/Cass are interacting with The Club in a four-team match. That could be an interesting feud on its own merit.

The Club definitely have some impressive resumes.

Fun banter between Enzo/Cass and The Club.

New Day making an homage to their friends in (NJPW/ROH's) The Elite with the broom.

- Gallows/Anderson vs. Enzo/Cass:
Good action so far. Both teams are solid.

I like the teamwork of the Clubbers in cutting Enzo off from Cass.

Big Cass is good at cleaning house after the hot tag.

Fun match to set things up for MITB.

I like the idea of Rusev thinking he's not just the greatest U.S. Champion of all time, but the greatest champion PERIOD, inside and outside of wrestling. He's great.

Not a bad Titus promo. I'll give them a pass for referencing Ali. It didn't seem as forced as usual WWE pop culture references.

- Cesaro/Zayn vs. Del Rio/Owens:
Zayn's athleticism is always impressive.

Good work by Del Rio, and Owens leaving him to do the dirty work was funny.

This one's pretty fun with things spilling outside the ring.

And now it's spilling back into the ring!

They're really driving the "no one can trust anyone else" aspect here.

Good work between Cesaro and Del Rio.

Really solid action at the end. Owens stealing the win was great. He's even a jerk to fellow heels.

I'm all for Owens as Mr. MITB.

- Becky vs. Dana:
I like Dana's style. She makes a good foil for Becky.

Pretty good stuff involving the partners.

That was fun for the time it had.

The pairing of Backlund and Darren continues to be pretty funny. Good segment. When do we see Darren in the ring again?

- Corbin vs. Kalisto:
I enjoy Baron's dominating power.

Kalisto's got moves and energy. I can appreciate that.

Good ending sequence countering Kalisto's finisher.

I'm pretty tired of Corbin vs. Ziggler. I hope they wrap things up at MITB.

Fun enough silly Sheamus segment.

At least Apollo stood up for himself. Crews vs. Sheamus should be pretty good.

- Ambrose vs. Y2J:
I like this not being some kind of technical match. It should be a heated fight.

I love Jericho's trash talk.

This is a pretty fun fight.

I like the counter-wrestling and avoiding each other's finishers. It's good to sell those big moves as meaning something.

This is quite the match. They work together pretty well.

Good ending.

Pretty fun ending to the show, as well. I'm excited for MITB.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment