Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2016

ROH and Main Event Reax - 6/8 and 6/9/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH and Smackdown.

ROH:
I'm begging ROH to push Dijak more. They had a hot asset and they've more or less squandered his momentum since the face turn.

That was actually a good promo from Jay, Nana, and Taeler. I chuckled at Lethal being a great champion, but this feud has fire to it.

- Sydal vs. Okada:
Okada's definitely one hell of a talent.

I'd like Sydal more if there weren't plenty of other high-flyers in ROH.

This is going pretty well. Okada's really skilled and Sydal is really bringing it.

So much for Sydal selling the knee...

Sydal's flippy as hell, but he's bringing the fight. The match doesn't seem like it's JUST an excuse for cool moves.

That was pretty solid. Good work.

I love Real Man Silas Young. He's consistently one of the best parts of ROH.

- Page vs. Cabana:
Glad there's no Code of Honor here. This should be a big deal.

I'm glad this feels like a fight and a match with heat to it.

Colt's quite talented with his ring work.

I don't like the unnecessarily flippy attack by Page on the outside. Especially in a grudge match.

Good to see Cabana show what he can do in ROH again.

That was pretty good for the most part.

Pretty intense post-match. Hopefully Cabana gets a big role in the future of ROH. They need an interesting, fresh talent at the top of the card.

ANX cutting a really solid promo. Nice to see something with actual heat.

The "make _______ great again" thing is really played out at this point.

BJ Whitmer is one of the best heels in wrestling for how personal this angle is.

Of the currently announced matches, Corino vs. Whitmer is definitely the one I'm most interested in.

Good promo from ACH.

- Dijak vs. Lethal:
I'm very glad Lethal is fired up for a fight instead of trying to get a "four star match."

Lethal is INTENSE.

This is a war. I love it.

It's weird Lethal is kind of positioned as a face here.

I'm never really a fan of the multiple suicide dives spot.

HOLY SHIT. I did not see Dijak pulling that out.

Dijak's becoming one of my favorite characters in ROH. They really need someone like him to provide a balance to the other styles in the company.

Lethal's got good babyface fire.

This is one of the best matches I've seen Lethal have in ROH. There's actually a story, heat, and selling!

One hell of a match featuring different types of competitors at their best.

That was going pretty solid until the interference. I can't wait for the rematch.

And now back to your regularly scheduled ROH monotony. I'm definitely more interested in Lethal/Dijak than Jay vs. Jay.

Main Event:
- Sheamus vs. Ryder:
Good exchanges early.

I pretty much always enjoy these two in the ring.

Sheamus' aggression and power on display.

Ryder's getting in a lot of offense for a match with a former WWE/World Champion.

That was REALLY solid. Both men brought it their all.

- Viktor vs. Titus:
Pretty fun undercard match so far.

Viktor could be a pretty solid babyface with his offense.

I expect Konnor will just pop back up teaming with Viktor by the end of the month with no explanation.

A short match, but effective for building Titus.

FUCK. Rusev going right after the masked superstar. I love his moxie.

- Rusev vs. Cara:
That German suplex spot was pretty great. I hope Rusev is destined for big things after the brand split.

I mean Rusev is just destroying Sin Cara here. It's a good spectacle.

Sin Cara making the most of his abilities to try to put Rusev off-guard. He has his work cut out for him.

I liked the spot of countering the Accolade.

That was really good. Sin Cara brought everything he had against the dominant U.S. Champion.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment