Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Raw Reax - 6/13/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm glad to see New Day start the show instead of Cena or a McMahon.

Fun stuff from New Day.

Oh wow. Cass making a decidedly non-PG jab at New Day there.

I like the running gag about Kofi's shoes.

WOW. I didn't expect those kinds of references between Enzo/Cass and New Day.

The Vaudevillains barely got a dig in before The Club arrived.

Pretty good opening segment to sell the tag team title match.

- Cass/Enzo/Kofi/Big E vs. Vaudevillains/Anderson/Gallows:
Pretty good work so far.

I'm liking the teamwork by everyone.

It's pretty much always fun when a match descends into everyone fighting everyone else.

That was a good ending.

Wow WWE didn't waste time teasing Shane running one show and Stephanie running the other.

Kane being missing for a few months just paid off. It would be weird if he was the Demon and just showed back up in a suit.

HILARIOUS remarks about Kane's resume and letter of recommendation.

I'm looking forward to Crews vs. Sheamus.

Stop trying to make Epico and Primo happen. They're never going to happen!

Rusev is a good old-school heel. I like him just showing up and wrecking Titus.

Rusev psyching out the referees was pretty funny. Big heat on Rusev to sell Sunday's match.

Ambrose as talk show host just feels off. That's hardly anarchic.

This is mostly good, although it's mostly focusing on Ambrose and Seth (since the champ is pretty heavily booed).

Roman's just a catch-phrase, "I love the city we're in" babyface tonight. So yes they are going in the "Cena in 2006" route.

I like the idea of Seth being the uncrowned champion looking to take the title he never lost.

Well that was an interesting ending. Ambrose walking out with the WWE Title would definitely be interesting.

Dean vs. Jericho AGAIN tonight. They always match up well, but I think it's getting pretty played out.

- Paige vs. Charlotte:
Wait, what!? Paige just beat the champ clean? Paige isn't even on the card Sunday. Unless Charlotte gets her win back on Smackdown, this one's a real head-scratcher. Even then, it's pretty baffling.

Forced tension between Cesaro and Zayn. That just didn't click.

So Charlotte's already burying Dana. Since Stephanie buried Charlotte, does that make Dana double buried? Seriously, that was a mess. It's too early to split those two. MAYBE if Dana takes the fall at MITB they can tease it, but I don't see why they should do it now.

- Sheamus vs. Ryder:
Good work from both men for a short squash.

I liked that post-match, and I hope Crews doesn't get thrown to the wolves at MITB.

It's wild to think of Shane and Kane working together following their very personal feud a decade ago.

Good use of Kane in that segment, and interesting implications with the Dragons facing Owens and Del Rio.

- Zayn vs. Cesaro:
Wild start. I hope they don't get too "ROH" here.

This is very much a "get my shit in" match.

At least that was quick. The action was fun, but it was pretty much just a bunch of cool moves in rapid succession.

I know people have talked about Cena vs. Styles at least since 2006, and probably a little earlier than that.

John name-dropping competing promotions was an interesting surprise. I'm glad he's putting AJ over.

I like the idea of Cena testing whether AJ thinks he can win on his own.

I really like the idea of AJ thinking he'd be in Cena's position if he was in WWE at the same time.

This is mostly good.

AJ burying Kmart was pretty funny. Kind of a random jab at Cena's clothing line there, but funny.

- Owens/Del Rio vs. Dragons:
I like the story of one team working together while their opponents hate each other.

I enjoy Del Rio's intensity.

Owens is a great trash talker in the ring. I love it.

That was pretty good. The Dragons were great in their roles, too.

Nice for Del Rio to get some revenge for Owens' actions in the match.

Oh, man. The main event's going to be a mess with all the moving parts at ringside.

I'd be OK with Kane moving into an authority figure role who only occasionally wrestles. He's got a lot of experience in the ring, though, so I see why they'd have him continue to work in that role.

Funny to have Kane return and reference the old feud they had.

I'm getting kind of tired of Shane vs. Stephanie already. They're in too many segments.

- Y2J vs. Ambrose:
This is mostly fun from a chaotic perspective.

Fun happenings outside the ring.

And some fun happenings between Ambrose and Jericho, too.

These two always play off each other well. They can wrestle and they can brawl.

That was a fine ending sequence.

Wild battle outside the ring, which is probably a preview for a crazy war on Sunday.

I see no way Jericho wins MITB, but it's good to tease anyone can walk out with the briefcase.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment