Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2016

TNA Slammiversary Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's PPV.

Very touching start to the PPV. TNA having to hold a big show in the same city on the same day as something so terrible is unfortunate, but hopefully they make the most of it.

- Lee vs. Edwards vs. Z vs. Everett:
Helms being banned from ringside is interesting. Maybe they're setting up an incredible match instead of an angle where he helps someone win. I can't blame them.

It wouldn't be a TNA anniversary show without a crazy multi-man spotfest.

Do ALL the flips!

This is pretty crazy. Everyone's definitely working really hard.

That 450 counter was INSANE. As far as choreographed stuff goes, this is pretty good.

At first, I wasn't a fan of Edwards being champion. But he's worked hard for TNA and can clearly do a lot of MOVES, so I'll give him a chance.

I am SSSSSOOOOOO hyped for Drew vs. Lashley.

EC3 is absolutely one of the best characters in wrestling right now. I'm glad he's getting a lot of work.

I think we could be in for a big surprise with the HoF announcement. Otherwise, I don't think they'd do it on the live-ish Impact. Honestly, I'd mark out a little bit if it was Tito Ortiz or Pac-man Jones or someone like that.

Based Al Snow. 

- Shera/Grado vs. Tribunal:
Nice work from the heels. Obviously they've been working together for some time.

I like the heart of the faces, but celebrating that early was dumb and they got punished for it.

Wow. Looks like the Tribunal will continue as an important act. I expected the faces to get the win to end the feud.

There's potential for something quite good to happen in an angle between Storm and Sutter. They could use another wrestler to be a hit.

Allie's a lot of fun.

I'm not crazy about seeing Billy Corgan so much. At what point is him appearing putting himself over at the expense of the wrestlers?

Nice idea to make the most of Maria being unable to compete.

- Jade vs. Gail vs. Sienna:
I like Sienna just being a vicious heel. She's not out to "have a good match." She's out to win by any means necessary.

HOLY SHIT. Nice big Samoan Drop spot.

Gotta keep Gail strong.

That was an OK ending. I'm not crazy about a Jade/Marti Belle (and Rebel?) feud, but TNA's only got so much to work with.

Lashley bullying JB was good. He's an intimidating guy.

You can't have a TNA anniversary show without James Storm.

That was a pretty good Storm promo to re-establish his legacy and set the stage for his match.

- Storm vs. Sutter:
Storm's a solid veteran presence and invaluable to TNA at this point.

Sutter giving it his all.

That was pretty good. Hopefully Sutter becomes someone of note.

Good post-match. That story is well-told.

I'm liking Eli Drake for the most part.

- Eli vs. Bram:
This is pretty much what I expected, although I wish Drake would put up more offense.

Bram's a really scary dude.

I'm liking where this is going.

Surprised to see Drake get the clean win. It will be interesting to see what's next for both men.

Mike "I'm over because my wife is Maria" Bennett.

- EC3 vs. Bennett:
EC3 really taking it to the Miracle.

Bennett's doing alright here.

This is becoming a pretty solid match. There's good drama involved.

Oh man, this is really picking up. Bennett's earning his keep. I'll give him some credit.

I'm really enjoying this!

TNA has some pretty fun "everyone gets involved and 1,000 near falls happen" matches.

Really, really solid work.

- Matt vs. Jeff:
I like how they're out to kill each other right out of the gate.

Some of this is just sadistic.

I'm getting real hardcore match/Attitude Era vibes in a good way.

BAH GAWD HOW DO YOU LEARN TO BE SPLASHED THROUGH A THIRTY FOOT LADDER.  That shit was insane.

This is insanity.

BAH GAWD THESE TWO MEN ARE BROTHERS. THINK OF YOUR WIVES. THINK OF YOUR KIDS. DON'T DO THIS GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY.

There's nowhere this feud can go from here. I hope they're kept apart as opponents for the foreseeable future.

That was really something. Impressive tenacity from both men.

Good idea to have something between Matt vs. Jeff and Drew vs. Lashley, which will also likely be really crazy.

- Decay vs. Bro-Mans:
Nice work from the Bro-Mans.

I like the story being told with these two teams.

Nice mist spot.

Another really crazy battle.

BAH GAWD. THE BIG DECAY MACHINE. Nice ending. Everyone on this show's working hard.

I'm excited for the main event. Strong promo from the champion.

- Drew vs. Lashley:
That was a clever opening.

This is an absolute war.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

Really good spot with Lashley using the ropes to avoid being KO'd.

THE PROVERBIAL CRIMSON MASK. This match is just a down-and-dirty fight.

THAT ARMBAR SPOT THO.

That was great. Just absolutely great. All hail the new TNA Champion.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment