Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/14/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

It's good for TNA this show wasn't actually live, although I suspect they would have continued rolling there despite the TV issues instead of sitting on their hands for nearly two hours.

I like Lashley being a conqueror.

Wow, they're wasting no time getting to Lashley vs. EC3. I'm interested to know what TNA has in mind for BFG.

And they really wasted no time getting to Galloway's rematch.

Drew has a LOT of guts getting right back into the fray with Lashley.

I was hoping Bram would get his rematch, but I suppose they're saving that for later.

- J. Hardy vs. Drake:
This is an interesting combination of styles.

I like Eli wanting to win via countout. A win's a win and keeps him the title.

This is going well enough.

Nice powerbomb spot!

Man, Eli already looking like a punk as champion.

Oh, man... more Matt vs. Jeff. Hopefully something new is set up from this feud.

I like the idea of Galloway saying EC3 will have to face him for a title match.

Even more Matt vs. Jeff.... NNNOOOOO.

Yeah, I'm burned out on the Hardys feud. Slammiversary should have wrapped it up.

Maybe Six Sides of Steel will actually end the feud. Please?

- Edwards vs. Lee:
I like Lee most of the time. I'm not crazy about how much Helms "has to" help him, though.

Meeehhhhh. Edwards cleanly getting through Lee and Helms pretty much throws away Lee's accomplishments. So much for pushing Trevor.

Kind of a funny Bro-Mans segment. It certainly fit their characters.

I'm looking forward to Lashley vs. Drew and Lashley vs. EC3.

Gail Kim absolutely deserves this honor for all she's done for the Knockouts division. She was a driving force for it coming into existence in the first place.

I expected Maria or someone to interrupt the segment. I'm sure that feud will continue nonetheless.

I like the idea of Decay trying to recruit someone new, although they're already the dominant force of the tag team division. I guess they have bigger plans!

Marti Bell burying the Dollhouse is fine by me, since it ended up becoming such a trainwreck with all the roster changes. Marti vs. Jade should transcend that.

Well damn! Jade didn't waste any time. She's pretty upset at losing the title, too.

- Decay vs. Bro-Mans vs. Tribunal vs. Shera/Grado:
Smart by Dax to try to win early. Psychology at its best.

This is chaos already.

I'm enjoying this for the most part.

I like everyone going for the win.

Pretty wild match.

For once, I actually don't want Bennett to quit.

I'm not crazy about so much screen time for Corgan. The wrestling show should be about the wrestlers.

I like the Bennetts thinking they already belong in the TNA Hall of Fame.

I REALLY hope they're not thinking of Billy and/or Dixie wrestling the Bennetts. That's a trainwreck waiting to happen, although it would definitely get people talking.

- Lashley vs. Galloway:
Smart of Lashley to try to destroy Drew's ribs and get the submission early.

Those ring apron bumps are rough.

I really enjoy both these men, separately and together. This is a pretty good match.

I'm loving the selling here.

This is a lot of fun! Definitely a heated contest.

Exciting ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment