Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Fast Lane preview

Read on for my ideas on booking tonight's Smackdown-brand WWE Network special.

-- Kickoff:
It's a sign of just how poorly this show has been put together that they didn't even announce a Kickoff match. I mean, holy shit. How long would it have taken to put together a tweet? Smackdown booking has been a mess lately. Vince needs to make some changes here after Mania, and not just on the roster. Anyway, I'd book:

- Gable/Benjamin vs. Ascension:
Gable and Benjamin win. 

-- Fast Lane:
- Becky/Naomi vs. Natalya/Carmella:
How about Carmella wins with a shot from the briefcase and comes out on Smackdown and discuss cashing in, only for Asuka to show up and ruin her? 

- Charlotte vs. Ruby:
Charlotte retains. I like Ruby, but I think Charlotte should be champion going into Mania. Charlotte vs. Asuka works for me there. I can't thing of anything more interesting than that from the Smackdown women's roster, which isn't a knock on the talents. 

- Shinsuke vs. Rusev:
I REALLY don't want Rusev sacrificed to Nakamura, but that's where we are. Just make it as painless as possible, I guess.


- Usos vs. Big E/Kofi:
I like Usos vs. Harper and Rowan at Mania, so the champs need to retain here. New Day can do some wacky video game skit or something that night and promote their book. 

- Roode vs. Orton:
No matter who wins, the "Top 10" thing needs to die. Jinder gets Orton DQ'd. Fatal 4 Way at Mania with Roode, Orton, Jinder, Rusev, and absolutely NO reference to the Top 10 list. 

- AJ vs. Cena vs. Owens vs. Zayn vs. Corbin vs. Ziggler:
I would LOVE to see Cena enter AJ vs. Nakamura, with Cena pointing out he's beaten AJ and wanting Nakamura to see if lightning will strike twice. They can do that here even with AJ pinning Cena. It'd be much more interesting than the alternative.

Anyway, Corbin and Ziggler focus on making sure Owens and Zayn don't get the win. It's almost as if they're.... working for Shane McMahon! Corbin/Ziggler w/Shane vs. Owens/Sami w/Bryan at Mania to end the madness. Bryan taps Shane out that night and takes full control of Smackdown.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment