Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 1, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/28/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Dream vs. Bate:
It's going to be tough for Velveteen to beat Tyler from a wrestling perspective.

Bate's pretty solid.

Good to see Dream get things turned around.

This is pretty fun.

I'm impressed with the former UK Champion.

Pretty nice. Tyler looked great in defeat.

- Ellering promo:
I'm ready for Akam and Rezar to collide with the Bludgeon Brothers.

- Cole vs. Bononi:
How generous of Cole to invite him into the group.

Haha. Pretty fun.

Dang. Cezar almost got a big upset there!

Damn. I'd like to think Cole could beat this guy without help.

- Post-match:
Cezar needs to make some friends if he's going to stand a chance with UE around.

- Profits promo:
I've missed these guys. Hopefully they get things rolling again.

- Kairi vs. Baszler:
I like the contrast here.

Two clear strategies playing to each competitor's strength.

Shayna is VICIOUS. I love it.

Sane's wrestling experience is helping her out against the angry newcomer.

AWESOME ending. Don't get cocky against someone that dangerous.

- Post-match:
That was pretty cool. I look forward to another round of Shayna vs. EMber.

- Almas/Vega/Black/Dain:
I'm liking Almas and Vega getting the ball and running with it.

Almas is going on a tear!

I get the feeling Andrade won't be as fortunate against Aleister.

Or against Dain? People need eyes in the back of their heads on this show!

I love Almas and Vega just letting them run through each other.

Pretty cool stuff.

-- ROH: 
- Bully promo:
Bully just can't let go of the spotlight. Once again, he's worked himself to get another regular role.

- Bucks vs. S. Sky/Kazarian:
I like how motivated SoCal is. The angle of them being done at Final Battle adds some much-needed direction for The Addiction.

The Bucks are where they are for a reason!

Pretty fun so far.

OUCCCCCHHHHH that apron DDT.

Sky's pretty impressive.

Kazarian's pretty impressive, too.

I'm liking the stunts here.

This is a pretty big match!

Pretty good tag action here.

Nice submissions.

And here's your signature Bucks finishing sequence. Fine work to continue to put them over, though.

- Post-match:
Pretty good setup for the six-man title match, and interesting use of Cody.

- King/Bruiser/Milonas/Silas:
I like the numbers game here. Should be a good match.

- WOH recaps:
Wow. They're kind of rushing through this. I'd definitely rather see Klein and Purrazzo on ROH TV than Bully Ray's 5,000th moment in the sun. ROH had been really improving, but they're starting to slip in some areas.

- King vs. Silas:
Pretty solid start.

Kenny is game, but don't count Silas out.

Ha. Funny trip spot.

OH GOD NOOOOOOO. Just have the ref throw them out!!! I'm sick of Bully Ray!

I'm liking this so far, interruption aside.

These two work together pretty well.

I like this turning into more of a fight.

I love King's selfie spot, as silly as it is.

Pretty nice back and forth here.

Great counters.

Both men heating things up. I'm liking this!

Ha. Silas making Kenny chase him.

NICE low blow. Good to see a heel be a heel.

WOW. I didn't expect that moonsault from Silas.

Pretty good surprise win for King!!

- Next week's matches:
I like the hype for these matches. Each of them clearly advances things toward the 16th anniversary show. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment