Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 3/20/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Ziggler:
I honestly didn't think we'd ever see Bryan cleared in WWE. I'm still taking this all in.

Sami and Kevin aren't here? Who do they think they are? Brock Lesnar?

This is definitely a special moment.

Retiring had to be crushing for Bryan. His spirit is hard to break.

Bryan has pretty much infinite goodwill with the WWE Universe after going through all this.

Oh he should definitely be involved in the Shane/Owens/Sami thing at Mania now.

So I guess Bryan will beat Dolph at Backlash!

- Shinsuke vs. Rusev:
It's such a shame Rusev will be stuck in the Andre battle royal. On Rusev Day, nonetheless!

Rusev is definitely solid enough to be in the WWE or Universal Title picture.

I'm liking the counters here.

Not bad.

- Post-match:
If Cena or Roman beat two guys by himself fans would be LIVID.

- Natalya/Charlotte:
HA! Natalya's not too far off from Dolph status as far as losses go.

I wouldn't mind Natalya going to Raw to freshen some things up. It'd be a little weird to move Charlotte two years in a row.

- AJ/Shinsuke:
Blah blah blah blah blah.

- Corbin vs. Tye:
Well hey at least Tye's getting TV time.

Kind of an awkward End of Days spot.

I guess this is to build Baron up for the Andre battle royal.

- Charlotte vs. Natalya:
I feel like I've seen this match 1,000 times.

Nice back and forth.

These two know what they're doing in there.

This is heating up well!

Natalya definitely looks credible.

I LOVED Charlotte keeping the hold on while going to the floor.

Carmella might as well sell the briefcase on eBay at this point.

- Usos promo:
I like these guys. I wouldn't mind them switching places with The Bar after Mania.

- Harper vs. Jimmy Uso:
I'm liking this so far.

Wow. The Usos might have the answer to the Bludgeon Brothers.

That was one hell of a lariat!!

- Jinder/Roode/Orton:
This is another angle treading water.

Sometimes the "I want that title" stuff gets old.

Man. Samir's probably glad he's on the bench!

You'd think with that much money, Jinder could hire more effective help.

- Naomi/Becky vs. Logan/Liv:
Becky and Naomi showing the newcomers how it's done.

Wow. So much for the Riott Squad being a threat.

- Owens/Zayn/Bryan:
Hahahah the sucking up continues.

Ahhhh the classic "this city/state/country sucks" shot.

Man. Bryan vs. Sami and Bryan vs. Owens could be AWESOME.

I mean, Shane kept trying to screw them over!

Ha. Bryan basically acknowledging WWE firings don't last.

Finally we see Bryan taking punishment again.

We've missed this for SO long.

Wow. They're definitely not taking it easy on Bryan!

-- MMC:
- Braun/Alexa vs. Miz/Asuka:
I love that Miz doesn't want to face Braun while Alexa doesn't want to face Asuka.

Braun is just dominating him.

These are both pretty fun combinations.

Miz better be careful using Bryan's moves now that Daniel's been cleared!

Weird timing from Alexa there. And I hope Murphy's not watching!

Asuka is a believable force of nature.

I loved the barricade spot.

That was pretty fun!

- Second Chance team announced: 
Wow. These two definitely have a following. 

-- 205 Live: 
- Itami vs. Lince:
I was hoping Hideo would go higher than 205 Live, but he's been good here so far.

Good back and forth here.

I'm liking this story.

Way to blow the match for your boy, Gran.

- Post-match:
Not bad to keep things going. I assume this is building to a tag team title match for the brand. Maybe at Backlash?

- Cedric promo:
We're definitely seeing a change in how interviews are done on this show, as well as the promo videos.

Cedric could definitely have a big night in New Orleans.

- TJP vs. K. Johnson:
Damn. TJP is making him look like an amateur.

I love TJP's strikes and submissions. He can do just about any style.

Pretty good.

- Four-way set:
Looks like Buddy is officially part of 205 Live now. 

- Mustafa vs. Gulak:
This is already going well.

I'm loving focused Gulak.

Gulak is taking him apart!

Mustafa looks solid here, too.

Great back and forth here.

I'm liking what both men bring to the table.

Oooohhhhhhhhh that fall had to hurt.

Mustafa's definitely showing more here than we saw in the previous "era."

Umm, you can't win out here on the announce table, Mustafa.

I'm glad Drew broke the countout. Sometimes people just bail.

That was all pretty badass!

- Post-match:
This is kind of cheesy. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment