Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Raw Reax - 3/12/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Reigns/Vince:
Only in WWE (?) can people put themselves in fights with their bosses.

I mean, couldn't Angle fine Brock for not showing up if he's contracted to do so?

I do like Roman being presented as a hero instead of the entitled successor.

I like this new direction for Reigns vs. Brock instead of painting by numbers.

It's kind of funny to think of Reigns hating Vince given all the talk of Roman being Vince's pet project.

This is definitely different.

Having Shane nearby is a little odd given the whole dueling brands thing. You'd think he'd be in charge of Smackdown's live event?

I liked that overall. It shook things up.

- Renee/Roman/Vince:
I like Vince giving his version of things. It's not often we get WWE's side of the story.


Brock has already F5'd Vince - I wouldn't be so sure Lesnar will listen to him now.

Wow, so one Mania headliner isn't showing up to work and the other is suspended.

- Banks vs. Deville:
I like this early.

These two work together prety well.

Both ladies are solid.

Sonya's aggression is nice.

Pretty good to set up the next stages in Bayley/Sasha.

- Post-match:
Wow. Maybe Sasha should have been a little nicer to Bayley?

That was cool enough.

- MizTV:
I LOVE Miz's self-centered worldview.

I also love Miz playing his opponents off each other.

This is based.

Ahhhh the good old bingo hall jab.

Miz is such a snake. I love it.

Miz can work an audience like few others. Future WWE Hall of Famer, hands down.

Miz is pulling out everything here. Amazing.

THIS IS BADASS MIZ IS PLAYING THEM SO HARD.

Ahhhhh Miz almost got what he wanted.

Not bad at all, although I wonder if they're going to burn out Finn vs. Seth before Mania.

- Tag team battle:I like Bo and Curtis trying to surprise the champs.

Well, so much for that advantage the challengers had.

The Bar are pretty popular tonight!

Looks like The Bar are going to have a busy night. Potentially here and at Mania.

Hahaha Titus, Apollo, Heath, and Rhyno basically getting the consolation prize. "Hey we're here, too!"

Wow. The Bar are getting bodied.

I don't blame Sheamus and Cesaro for getting the heck out of there.

- Cena promo:
Man, how many Mania chances is this guy going to get before he just settles for the Andre battle royal?

Oh... wow.... didn't see that one coming. I figured he'd try to beat Roman and enter that title match next.

I'd pop for Cena being front row with signs during Mania.

This is something else.

I'm DYING at him trying to start a Roman chant.

I'm LOVING this. Cena is having a blast here.

WHHAAAATTTTT OH MYYYY WE HAVEN'T SEEN THE UNDERTAKER SINCE RAW 25!

It's basically John deciding it'd be fun to wrestle Taker since he's not in any other match.

I mean, hey, Taker's 52 years old now. I wouldn't blame him for not working Mania.

I definitely didn't expect Cena to throw Taker under a bus. I figured it'd be more of a case of a legend facing a legend.

Interesting challenge.

That was quite the surprising direction.

- Bar/Angle:
Haha I don't blame these two. They were mugged earlier!

So there's the tease of a roster change after Mania. I'd probably do a PPV after Mania with rematches and then pull the trigger on it, but I definitely want to see some names moved around.

I liked the Breezango nod.

Not bad.

- Elias promo:
Ouch. The Drifter's looking rough.

Fun enough to move things along.

- Braun promo:
I would absolutely watch Cena vs. Braun if Taker wasn't an option. That would be great.

Yeah, you can't keep destroying people if you want a match at Mania.

- Finn vs. Rollins:
I hope one or the other man is headed to Smackdown after WM34 - they're great as opponents, but I think one of them could break out better on Smackdown and they won't burn out the feud that way.

Good start.

I like the technique here.

This is pretty badass already.

I'm liking this so far.

I like how evenly matched they are. I also like Miz having them wear each other out.

This is really picking up.

Quite the exciting match.

Hahahahaha nice counter to the superplex to Falcon Arrow spot.

- Moolah announcement:
I'm fine with that to give the other women a spot on the card. I'd much rather see that than WWE shoehorning a tag match or something just to use everyone.

- Asuka/Alexa/Mickie:
Alexa is so based.

I love Alexa's cockiness so much. She's poised to be THE "it girl" of this generation.

I'm dying here, since Asuka already beat Alexa. WWE's writing is more clever than it gets credit for sometimes.

Alexa just lays into everyone on the mic. I love it.

Asuka firing back!

I did like the defense of Charlotte. She's definitely a great champion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH Alexa is GOLD. Great misdirection.

- Asuka vs. Mickie:
I like Mickie's plan here.

These two had a hell of a match in NXT.

Mickie's bringing the fight!

That was pretty great.

- Post-match:
See, Alexa, this is why you're the champ and Mickie isn't.

- Nia/Alexa:
I like that explanation.

Alexa just goes off on everyone. I love it.

Oh so we are still getting Alexa vs. Asuka II.

Pretty good.

- Nia squash:
I'm glad she's being rebuilt.

- Alexa/Mickie/Nia/Charly:
I'm all for this.

I'm DEAD. Alexa is carrying this show sometimes.

I mean, DAMN. Alexa is just going all in on Nia.

This is way too savage. I can't take it.

I was wondering how they'd explain them being on camera.

I blame Charly for all of this.

Hahahahaha yeah get the hell out of there!

Good to see Jax get something out of this. Some of that was pretty harsh.

- Wyatt/Woken Matt/Angle/ref:
This should be something.

I can only imagine what the heck this will lead to.

Yeah, it does seem pretty crazy to invite an opponent to your house.

What kind of GM signs off on something like this??

- Tag team battle royal:
OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDD I AM ALL FOR THIS.

Every team on Raw is about to get those hands.

Oh this is just what I wanted. Braun killing people left and right.

I don't blame the other teams!

This is fun.

Hahahaha just let Braun take the Mania match!

I much prefer wrestling as theater, as we see here.

I love the story of everyone going after Braun.

This is WILD. I love it.

I guess they're hoping Braun's incapacitated. Good luck with that.

Titus is one of my guilty pleasures.

I guess these guys are getting practice for the Andre battle royal.

This is pretty fun.

People are getting in more offense than they could have gotten.

Badass ending. I'm ready for Braun vs. The Bar.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment