Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Raw Reax - 3/5/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Angle/Stephanie/Ronda/HHH:
I'm glad Kurt's not going to let that slide.

Wait, how is HHH not there yet? Did he not ride with Stephanie? Being late for Raw is pretty bad for an executive.

Jason Jordan's mom cashing in!

It's like they can't decide if Ronda is happy WWE fangirl or ruthless ass-kicker.

Ooohhhh... was she calling Dana White a bully?

It does make sense Stephanie, as executor of Ronda's contract, what exclude herself from being Ronda's Mania opponent.

What? Stephanie having a talent contract is kind of a cheap way out. She hasn't had a match in four years. They could easily have had Ronda push her buttons until she accepted.

HHH and Angle had some classics.

That was fun enough.

- Asuka vs. Nia:
I love Asuka going for submissions and Nia making use of her size.

Pretty wild move from the top rope.

I loved the powerbomb from the arm bar. That's insane.

Asuka with the vise-like grip!!

That was pretty badass.

- Bar vs. Revival:
Great tag work from both sides.

Both sides are doing pretty well here.

The Bar are on fire here.

Pretty good work!

- Cena/Goldust:
Interesting that they're having him on Raw to put over Smackdown. You wouldn't think Angle would want him talking up the other show.

I'm surprised he hasn't become 17-time champion yet. That's such an obvious story to do to put him over as a massive star. I'm glad they're putting others over, though.

Ehhhhhhh.... they're doing too much to appease the vocal minority. I agree Styles belongs in the WWE Title match at WM34 even if Cena wins, but just say AJ gets his rematch then, as opposed to Cena just granting him a spot just so the hardcore fans don't freak out about AJ potentially not being in the match.

I can't say I expected Goldust involved here!

I wouldn't mind Goldust having a last big singles match at Mania, since it didn't happen against Cody.

Yeah, pretty interesting change of pace for Goldust.

- Cena vs. Goldust:
Goldust looking to put his name in lights with a win here. I like it.

DAMN. Goldust really selling that 180 turn with the low blow.

Meh. Not sure what that accomplished. I hope they have more planned for Goldust as a heel. Otherwise, this is a head-scratcher. He could have just beat Hawkins.

- Bayley/Absolution:
I'm ready for Bayley to fully turn if that's what they're going for.

Wow, Paige. Rude.

- Bayley vs. Mandy:
Not bad to start.

This is fair, but not amazing.

Bayley's definitely leading this one.

Not a bad ending.

- Post-match:
I like this well enough.

I was really hoping for Absolution vs. Riott Squad at Mania, but it doesn't look like that's happening. Paige could recruit someone to replace her.

- Alexa/Nia:
Hahaha Bliss is such a jerk. I love it.

Damn. No wonder why Alexa doesn't have any friends!

- Elias/Braun:
Interesting direction for Elias.

I hope Elias can get as much out of his character as Goldust has gotten out of his over the years.

Ha. I don't blame Elias for getting the hell out of there.

Pretty fun.

- Braun vs. Elias:
Elias fighting for his life here.

Braun just tears up everything, huh?

This is silly, but in the best way.

Jesus. I doubt the performance center teaches you how to take a bump from a piano.

- Post-match:
Braun putting another opponent in an ambulance... someone's going to rant about him being an unsafe worker now!

- Saudi hype:
This is pretty interesting. More in today's news post.

- Bray vs. Rhyno:
Man. Remember when Rhyno was a force?

- Post-match:
OH MY GOD FINALLY. I've been waiting for this a LONG time.

- Mizzies:
I think I'd be fine never seeing another awards show segment on WWE TV.

I did like the notion Miz thinks Seth and Finn pat themselves on the back more than Miz does.

That was mostly painless.

I mean, Balor and Rollins have beaten Miz recently.

YYYEEEESSSSSSS Miz heeling Balor stealing the Kliq hand sign. I love it.

- Rollins/Finn vs. Miz/Miztourage:
I enjoy Bo and Curtis.

I love Miz making his lackeys take most of the punishment.

Seth and Finn make a really solid team.

Finn and Seth are on a roll.

Hahah fun ending. I'm guessing Miz will play them against each other and survive with the title like a good heel.

- Post-match:
Should be solid.

- Heyman/Roman:
I love Brock sending Heyman to speak on his behalf.

I LOVE IT. Brock just shows up, wins, and disappears. Top level heeling.

I'm loving all this.

Great work from Heyman as always.

They're overusing the word "bitch" to be edgy.

That was awesome. Wow. I'm a lot more excited about this angle now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment