Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 3/13/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Nakamura/R. Day:
It is a really big deal for AJ and Shinsuke to face off for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

God this is so boring. It's not even a feud. It's just a casual competition.

- AJ vs. Rusev:
At least Rusev isn't totally being tossed aside on the road to Mania.

Pretty solid so far.

I'd be all for putting Rusev in the WWE Title match. Or pretty much anyone for that matter.

These two work together pretty well.

Pretty cool ushigoroshi counter.

NICE. Glad they protected Rusev. Maybe he'll take the belt after the "smarks" get their dream match at Mania.

- Post-match:
Honestly I'd be OK with them pushing AJ vs. Shinsuke as little as possible since they're clearly just relying on it being a dream match instead of it being a feud. The target audience for the match doesn't need to be sold on it.

- Big E/Jimmy Uso:
This is pretty cool.

I like this setup.

- AJ/Nakamura backstage:
Dear God we get it you're both great athletes and you're going to put on the best match ever. ******1/2 stars etc.

- Big E/Jimmy Uso/B. Bros:
I'm very glad this is a serious fight. Big E and Jimmy had to see people very close to them put on a shelf because of Harper and Rowan.

Harper and Rowan have been rebuilt pretty well.

WOOOOWWWWWW that tag title is in jeopardy.

- Zayn interview:
This has been SSSSSOOOOOOOOOO bad. I'm ready for everyone involved to move on. Ideally, either Sami or Owens will be moved to Raw and they can finally get away from each other.

- Charlotte/Asuka:
Smackdown needed this boost. Raw has Alexa, but Smackdown's kind of meandering. 

I am excited about this feud.

This should be pretty good.

- Orton/Roode/Mahal:
Orton's going to leave behind quite the legacy.

OK, I do like Jinder playing Orton and Roode against each other.

- Mahal vs. Roode:
Nice back-and-forth so far.

Roode is a workhorse.

I'm liking this.

Ehhhhh. Good enough ending to keep the feud going.

- Post-match:
Arrive. RKO. Leave.

- Owens interview:
It's the feud that never ends!! Owens and Zayn will face off at WM45 if they can. Or WrestleKingdom 25. Or both?

- Naomi vs. Carmella:
Carmella really sticks out in the post women's evolution era.

Wheeeeeeewwwwww. Kind of a mess.

- Shane/Owens/Zayn:
God just make the match already and give the show to other people next week.

OH MY GOD YES I'm all for Shane being off TV for a while. This feud has really drug on.

Owens vs. Zayn is another match just to appeal to the hardcore crowd. I hope there's something more interesting going on there.

Maybe we're in for a handicap match with Shane? Hmmmmm....

Oh I like this. Just beat the hell out of everyone.

Shane is a real glutton for punishment. Damn.

Pretty badass ending.

-- MMC:
- Roode/Charlotte vs. Rusev/Lana:
I like this start.

Some real stalling here, which makes sense with Lana's inexperience.

Getting cocky with someone as accomplished as Charlotte isn't advisable.

Rusev vs. Roode is pretty fun.

I love Rusev. I definitely think he needs to be higher up at Mania.

I like the offense from the faces and the tactics from the heels.

Lana winning there would have been big.

That was a pretty fun ending. Not crazy about Charlotte's chops being ineffective, though.

-- 205 Live: 
- Itami/Tozawa vs. Dorado/Metalik:
Good start.

It seems like Dorado and Akira are evenly matched.

Nice teamwork from the luchadores.

Wow. Lince and Gran seem to have this handled.

I'm liking this a good deal.

That was pretty well worked.

- Post-match:
Pretty good basic setup for more next week. 205 Live is kind of minimalist in the story department.

- Gallagher vs. Myers:
Jack is going to murder this fool.

I love this.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

- Mustafa promo:
I think I'd prefer no promos to lackluster "I'm a good guy and I'm going to win the match/title" promos.

- Roderick vs. Cedric:
This is already solid.

Both men are credible contenders.

Roderick can be quite the mechanic, ruthlessly taking his opponent out.

Haha I love it when overly flippy moves miss.

I could get behind heel Roderick.

Cedric pulling out big stops here.

I'm loving the story here. Two men playing chess out there.

Strong is absolutely focused to get the win.

Great work.

Both men look pretty tough here. I like it.

Ahhhh. That was pretty good. I was hoping Roderick would win, but I guess Cedric is their new project.

- Post-match:
Man. Undisputed Era is going to bully Strong for this loss, I bet.

- Cedric promo:
I just can't get into sappy babyface moments.

This is a big opportunity for him, for sure. That Mania Kickoff show's going to be his career highlight. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment