Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live Reax - 3/6/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown, MMC, and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Charlotte/R. Squad/Roode:
I like Ruby taking charge.

Ruby's a natural rebel against the Queen of WWE.

Wow. Ruby recruited two other NXTers just to destroy Charlotte?

Charlotte has definitely earned her place, and she does have a high pedigree to live up to.

That was pretty good!

- Orton vs. Jinder:
Fine start to thinks.

I love the RKO being able to kill out of nowhere.

Jinder really isn't bad. Pretty basic with his offense, but he sets the pace well.

This is impressive.

Orton's a very consistent and solid worker.

Orton's going to kill all the Singhs if he can. Ranjin better watch out.

Wait, Roode's a heel again?

Mehhhhhh. I guess it did its job of getting Jinder into the title match.

- Sami/Owens:
I hope these two are split after Mania. This is exhausting.

I'm guessing Sami tries to screw Kevin at Fast Lane, leading to their 457th singles match at Mania.

- Baron promo:
I used to have high hopes for Corbin, but he's really stalled.

- Nakamura/R. Day:
Nice touch with Aiden's injury.

Oh, yay. Nakamura's going to run through Rusev. I'm not feeling his push, and I really enjoyed him in NXT. He's just not clicking as a top WWE name.

- Becky vs. Carmella:
Basic enough work.

Carmella has also stalled after a white hot MITB win. She could have won the title due to Riott Squad taking the champion out, and then Asuka could have come over after the Rumble and killed her.

So-so.

- Post-match:
Oh yay another thrown together match. At least they added something to the show, though.

- AJ/Ziggler:
AJ's kind of a dweeb.

Just blatantly pandering to the hardcore fans here...

Ha. Styles did use to be a lot cooler.

Ziggler almost met his potential years ago, but has fallen way off since then for various reasons.

Ziggler didn't build Smackdown, either.

Dolph's right. The fans will turn on AJ at some point.

Wow. Dolph never having a singles match at Mania is telling of how WWE sees him, as someone to throw in the mix to take big bumps but not push.

Dolph vs. Shinsuke at Mania would be even more dreadful than the AJ/Shinsuke build.

- AJ vs. Dolph:
Fine work early.

Both guys are veteran pros showing how it's done.

I liked the work in the corner setting for the DQ.

- Post-match:
Wow. Surely they could have done a tag match or something? Or a three-on-two handicap match to punish Sami and Kevin for running in?

- AJ vs. Ziggler vs. Corbin vs. Sami vs. Owens:
I like this being a big brawl.

Corbin can be impressive.

I'm liking Owens and Sami here.

Oh yay. The Tower of Doom.

Basically a big showcase for everyone as a potential future WWE Champion. Cena doesn't need to look like he can win the title, since he already beat the champion.

AJ's in a bind at Fast Lane! Lots of people getting THIS close to winning.

Ha. So much for saving Sami turning on Kevin for Sunday!

- Zayn interview:
I hope Sami doesn't turn into Ziggler 2.0 as far as his character being "I'm a really good wrestler but never win big matches" for years on end.

-- MMC:
- Braun/Alexa vs. Jimmy Uso/Naomi:
I LOVE the Braun/Alexa combination.

Oh Braun's going to be tough to beat.

I love that Alexa is fearless despite being like 95 lbs.

I like Jimmy doing his best to counter Braun. Good luck with that!

Great comedy spot at ringside.

Alexa vs. Naomi is pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a regular feud again.

Braun just destroying everyone. What's he doing at Mania?

Pretty fun.

-- 205 Live: 
- Gulak promo:
I LOVED Drew's PowerPoints, but now everyone has to be a serious wrestler...

- Gulak vs. Andrews:
Gulak can kick some ass when he needs to.

I like the style here.

I'm enjoying Gulak dismantling Andrews. Mark's not giving it up easy, though.

Good to see Andrews showing what he can do.

Both men look solid here.

NICE lariat spot.

BADASS ending. Just when I thought I couldn't love Gulak more, we see him kill people with submissions.

- Maverick/Tozawa/Itami:
Itami vs. Tozawa would be awesome, but 205 Live is building a tag division, so they're paired up. The teaming makes sense.

- Tozawa/Hideo squash:
Akira lighting this guy up!

Oh this is a fun duo.

WOW. Impressive domination from the Japanese pair.

- Murphy vs. Mustafa:
This is nice.

This is going well!

Can Murphy be here permanently?

NICE 450 to the arm.

I'm enjoying both men here.

The new 205 Live is definitely letting people show what they're all about. This is good.

Really good ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment