Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2018

Honor United: Doncaster Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Honorclub event.

- Addiction vs. Yano/King:
I was going to say WHO IN THE WORLD BOOKED THIS, but given Delirious' on-screen persona, I'm surprised things aren't crazier.

OK start.

Tenille is not an unbiased official!!

This is something else.

I think I'd like this more if it was later on the card, after some big action.

Wow. That was certainly something!

- Silas vs. D. Williams:I've missed Douglas!!

I like how this is starting off.

Williams is definitely getting to shine.

I'm liking this! Why couldn't this have started the show?

Fine for the time it had.

- Taylor/Punishment/Bully/Dalton/Boys:
Hey, I don't blame Dalton for not wrestling here. I would have been fine with them reworking the card for this one.

This is more of an angle than a match. Par for the course for Bully, but at least this is getting out of the way early.

- Taylor/Punishment/Bully vs. Castle/Boys:

This is really dragging on.

Wow, this is bad.

I'd be fine with Punishment vs. Bully and/or Taylor vs. Bully.

Phew. Glad that's over.

- Lethal vs. Taven:
This is going well now that it's heating up.

Taven's really grown on me.

Lethal has too, actually. I liked him a lot in Impact, but his heel main event run in ROH turned me off until recently.

This is fine.

I liked that.

- Sumie vs. Chardonnay:
Well this is weird.

This is kind of an odd combination.

Now things are starting to go well.

Both names are starting to show what they can do.

Not bad!

- Cody vs. Sky:
Fine enough so far.

It's nice to see what Scorpio can do as a singles wrestler.

This is heating up well.

I'm liking where this is going.

Pretty good!

- Tanahashi vs. Page:
I like this so far.

OUCH. Apron bumps ALWAYS look scary as hell.

These two go together well.

Page is going places.

I'm liking the counters.

I'm a little surprised it ended there. I hope we see something longer between these two at some point.

- BitW announcement:
We've seen that a billion times, but it's always good. I do wonder what else they can do with the Briscoes after that.

- Briscoes vs. Bucks vs. Vinny/TK vs. EVIL/SANADA:
Haha I like this escalating.

This is already a lot of fun.

The Bucks are just at another level. I don't see how they do it.

I like the running joke of SANADA being the only one who can do the Paradise Lock.

I'm liking the tag team psychology everyone has.

HOLY SHIT what a cutter.

Wow. Everyone's really delivering in this one.

This is worth checking out on its own.

The Briscoes and Bucks are a lot of fun together given how different they are.

Every single team looks like they can win this.

Pretty awesome, and a good setup for BitW.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment