Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 3, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 5/2/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- UE promo:
I'm liking NXT becoming the Undisputed Era show. They're a great group of workers.

- Sane vs. Shazza:
Pretty basic showcase for Kairi.

- Post-match:I liked that. Should be a good little feud to build both women as they continue their training.

- Candice promo:
I really wonder what the light at the end of the tunnel is for Johnny if New Orleans wasn't enough to get Ciampa off his back. I mean, damn.

- Lars video:
I'm ready to see him squash some people again.

- TM61 vs. Profits:
This is a nice start.

Solid enough so far.

Pretty good! Glad to see something new from the Aussies.

- Kassius interview:
Yeah, good luck with that Ohno. Should be fun either way.

- Kona vs. P. Scott:
I was hoping for something flashier after those vignettes.

I do like the aggression, though.

Ehhhh. Not terrible.

- Dakota/Borne:
Shayna has Dakota SHOOK.

OK, I guess? They've clearly got some rebuilding to do with Ember and the IIconics gone. Where's Nikki Cross?

- Bianca vs. Candice:
Belair has the advantage if Candice is distracted.

I like Belair's strength.

That was pretty good!

- Dunne vs. Strong:OOOHHHH BOY this is starting off well.

Both these guys are great.

Strong is very technically sound, and Dunne is doing very well at a young age.

One thing I love about Strong is that he can pull off a number of different styles.

This is SMOOTH.

DAMN. If you can't win with a Super Angle Slam, something's wrong.

This is badass.

Great ending to keep things going.

- Post-match:
This is all being built well.

-- ROH:
- Chuckie vs. Woods:
I like this start.

This is nice so far.

Both men are making the most of their TV time here.

They're playing off each other well.

Damn. GTS is only a two count now??

Damn. Chaos Theory is only a town count now??

Pretty good work.

- Cody/Brandi:
Interesting comments there.

- Kingdom promo:
I wouldn't mind them taking the title back. It would mean something fresh for them and for the current champions.

- Sumie vs. Stella:
Good start.

Solid enough.

They went pretty hard while it lasted.

- Post-match:
Ehhhhhhhh. I'm glad there's a feud going on, but I'm still not feeling some of the WOH.

- SoCal promo:
Fine to set up a title match. Should be pretty good.

- Bully/Koff:
Oh no.

Bully trying WAY too hard to be a thing in 2018.

OK, the streamer spot was funny.

Christ this is painful. He gets way too much screen time.

- Dalton promo:
I wonder how long Castle will be champion. I've liked him, but I wouldn't be against a new direction.

- Silas vs. Flip:
I like this star.

Flip definitely has the speed advantage.

Hahahahaha good lariat spot.

Nice story of speed vs. power and tenacity.

This is good. Flip gets to shine without Silas totally dominating him.

Flip definitely looks credible here.

Silas does his role well.

This is really solid!

Hahaha good low blow.

That was awesome!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment