Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2018

War of the Worlds: Toronto Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Honorclub event.

- White vs. Punishment:
I'm already liking this.

Jay isn't backing down from the big guy.

Martinez bringing the power against Jay's tenacity.

Jay's pretty badass.

Martinez doing some real damage here.

This is a FIGHT.

Pretty good stuff. The ending protected Punishment in the loss.

- Bully/Burger:
It is amusing to see the crowd react to Bully.

The fans burying Bully is great.

Wow, Cheese. I'm surprised he's still standing after the previous ass-kicking.

- Bully vs. Burger:
This has some good heat.

Pretty basic stuff. I guess we're in for two more shows of this?

- Post-match:
Ehhhhhhhh.

- Naito vs. Bruiser:
BCB disrespecting the champ!!

Interesting beginning.

Kind of a slow start here.

This is an interesting combination, but mostly a fun one.

Apron bumps always make me CRINGE. Just... OUCH.

This is fine, but it's not kicking into a high gear.

Not bad overall.

- Bucks vs. SSB:
This is a cool surprise.

Solid beginning.

The Bucks are dominating here.

The backrake spot is pretty funny.

Nice to see the Bros making something happen now.

Good work from SSB. This is the first time I've seen them.

The psychology here is impressive!

Nick going all out with this tag.

REALLY nice tope.

I'm impressed with all four of these guys here.

This is really good!!

Very very good work.

- Post-match:
BASED BRISCOES.

That was MUCH better than Bully's segment.

- Rose/Tenille vs. Alexia/Xandra:
Basically the WOH names working over the locals.

Yeahhhh this is just a way to showcase Jenny and Dashwood. Nothing inherently wrong with that.

Ehhhhhh.

- SCU vs. 3K:
Good start. I like Romero a lot.

Rocky was carrying things for his team for a while there.

There's some pretty fun action so far.

Great teamwork in this one.

I'm loving this one. It was nice to have a break between the Bucks match and this.

This is very impressive as far as the cohesion from both squads.

Really good match!

- Punishment/Page/Silas: 
Another feud I'm liking more than Bully vs. Burger.

Haha I like Silas' strategy here.

That was well done.

- Silas vs. Page:
I like the story of this one.

Page has good werewithal.

I like Silas' aggression.

Page is delivering on the comeback!

Pretty cool. I hope Page is back at 100% soon.

- Cody vs. Liger:
Looks like we're in for a lot of stalling here.

Wow. I'm mostly OK with a comedy match, but I think people wanted something more.

Burnard has been a good addition to Cody's act.

This is starting to pick up now.

They're going a little heavy on the shenanigans in this one.

Mostly OK to cover for the 53-year-old Liger.

- Lethal promo:
I'm very glad to see Colt in action again. He's underutilized.

- EVIL/SANADA/Hiromu vs. King/Lethal/Cabana:
Haha. I'm liking Lethal vs. SANADA.

Impressive start from Jay and SANADA.

Hahaha good use of Daryl, Jr.

I'm DYING at Hiromu vs. Colt.

Good for a match they didn't know they were going to have coming into the show.

BUSHI making his presence known.

I'm liking Hiromu a lot here.

This is good all around. I'm so glad to see Colt here again.

Goddamn Lethal save some dives for the rest of the card.

That was so much fun!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment