Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 5/16/18

 Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT: 
- Ciampa/Candice:
I'm liking Ciampa's character.

This is good storytelling.

I liked how that went. They made good use of the real connection there.

- Evans vs. Lauren:
Lacey's dominating.

Not bad to establish Evans.

- Post-match:
Nice to see Kairi fired up. This should be a good test for both sides.

- Black promo:
Aleister vs. Ricochet could be INSANE. Holy shit.

- Kai/Cross:
Interesting. Is Nikki going to coach Dakota?

- Ricochet vs. Dream:
I'm surprised Ricochet is working on the ground.

These two could be a fun tag team, actually.

LLLAAAARRRRSSSSSSSSS!!!! This just got even more fun.

- Kona vs. Mendoza:
Fine story so far.

That wasn't bad.

- Dream/Ricochet/Regal:
This was an interesting turn of events.

- TM61/Machinery:
Fine to set up more from two lower-card NXT teams. Both need more experience.

- Cole/KOR/Strong vs. Dunne/Oney/Burch:
Heel Roddy is growing on me.

Smooth work from the former ROH guys.

I'm liking UE wearing Burch down.

Ohhhhh shit Dunne is tearing Strong up.

I'm liking the heel teamwork.

There's a good story going on in this one.

It's nice to see Oney and Burch get to shine.

Everyone here is impressive.

NICE submission spot.

That was really badass. It didn't hurt UE to lose such a solid match.

-- ROH: 
- Klein vs. Rayne:
Fine start. I like Klein's physicality.

This is solid early.

Pretty good. I hope Madison sticks around.

- SCU interview:
Oh hey, remember when these guys were six-man tag champs?

- Lethal promo:
That should be pretty good.

- MCMG/Dawgs:
The slow potential breakup continues. I wonder what things will be like for them if they separate.

Will and Rhett have a big opportunity here!

- MCMG vs. Dawgs:
Well, the Guns are at least doing better than these two.

The Dawgs just can't get momentum going here.

The heels are finally making something happen.

Pretty solid ending sequence.

- Bucks promo:
I'm excited for that main event.

- Facade vs. Isom:
Fine start.

Basic, but mostly effective.

I think I could never see a springboard move or dive again and be fine with that.

Not a match I was in love with, so I guess I'm KIND OF fine with Bully interrupting it.

- Post-match:
How do you fire people who aren't even hired?

This was obviously taped some time back...

So, why doesn't Koff just fire him??

- Cody/Page/Marty:
I'm very curious what the BITW title match will be if Dalton can't make it.

- Briscoes vs. Bucks:
Now THAT'S how you start a match!

These two duos always go hard.

Good work so far.

I love how these teams' styles mesh.

That was pretty badass overall.

- Post-match:
Oh shit. Mark and Jay aren't playing around.

I love the carnage here.

Good work!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment