Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 24, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 5/23/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- TM61 vs. Otis/Tucker:
This will be interesting.

Nice showing from the hosses so far.

I'm liking the teamwork here.

Fun to see the domination from the big guys.

Pretty fun here.

Man. TM61 stole that one after being routed the whole match.

- Bianca promo:
I'm liking the building of a new class of women wrestlers.

- Evans vs. Kairi:
I like the fire here early.

Nice mean streak from Lacey.

It's hard to take a bronco buster seriously.

It's good to see Sane in shorter matches after she got such a superstar push right out of the gate. I'm still surprised she lost, but I assume it's to set up her winning later.

- Gargano interview:
Oooohhhh…. interesting tease.

- Oney/Burch:
I mean, they've got a point. Should be a good match, too.

- UE promo:
I liked that. NXT has something pretty good going on with these guys.

- Dream/Ricochet vs. Lars:
This is a pretty wild combination.

Lars looks like a BEAST with these two.

I love the story so far.

Fun pairing of babyfaces fighting for their lives.

I loved the double-pin.

Lars looks like a horror movie monster here.

I'm loving this!

WOW. This teamwork is great.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dream you bastard.

I'm dead. That was beautiful. We got a good match from it, too.

- Dakota/Shayna:
I can't help but see Dakota as Bayley 2.0, which I suppose makes her AJ Lee 3.0?  I like all those names, though.

Oooohhhh…. interesting.

- Garganos/Ciampa:Johnny's had a pretty rough time the past year or so, with all the Almas losses and the Ciampa beatdowns.

It'd be rough if Johnny's career ended before he hit Raw or Smackdown. At least, I hope he hits Raw or Smackdown instead of 205 Live. I'm not so sure.

NICE bait-and-switch. Gargano looks badass.

They're going to have to have some kind of death match or something to conclude this.

The local hospital must love Johnny continuing to challenge Ciampa. He's needed quite a bit of medical attention.

Good stuff to keep the feud going.

-- ROH:
- Lethal vs. Punishment:
This is like a whole month's worth of suicide dives.

I mean, it is pretty impressive to pull off that many dives.

Phew. I was beginning to think that was going to be the entire match!

Nice story so far.

Punishment's getting better.

Jay is quite the ring general.

These two work together pretty well.

Really solid ending stretch. They told a good story here, and Martinez wasn't hurt by the loss.

- Daddiego promo:
Oh my God! Where has this guy been the past year?

Wow. He's certainly looking to get right back into things.

- Taylor vs. Daddiego:
This isn't bad.

Dear God. Taylor's not playing around.

Fun work.

- Cody/Brandi:
Cody vs. Castle should be fun. I'm interested to see what the end game is for Dalton's title reign.

- SCU vs. Cody/Page/Scurll:
Nice work between Cody and Scorpio.

This has been put together well so far.

Page is someone with a future.

Ha. The Cody/Scurll issues continue.

I don't think anyone's upset they're beating Cody up.

Good heel teamwork.

More solid work.

Everyone's showing what they've got.

NICE superplex spot.

Wow. This has been big.

That was a whole lot of fun!

- Post-match:
This was all booked pretty well. A solid effort this week from ROH.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment