Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 5/1/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's SD Live and 205 Live.
-- SD Live:
- Paige promo:
I mean, hey, Paige needs to get some experience running the show without Shane.


Good call on the Backlash match. I hope Shinsuke doesn't end up like Roman.

- MizTV:
Ha. Nice job banning someone who couldn't attend in the first place.


I like Miz trying to get Jeff to have heat with Rollins. Miz is very much the serpent in the Garden of Eden here.

Jeff vs. Orton has interesting implications.

I'm glad they threw the Top 10 list under a bus.

Right? Shelton got the win. Put him in the match.

Mostly fun.

- Orton/Jeff vs. Miz/Shelton:
I miss Teddy Long making tag team matches!!



Pretty good action so far.

Smart to cut off the Swanton. That could have been it!

Good teamwork from the heels.

Orton is doing quite well.

Well, so much for Shelton being a title contender (?).

- Post-match:
Orton's kind of coasting on "guy who RKOs people," but he's definitely at the level where he's over without a specific angle.


- IIconics/Carmella:
I like Billie and Peyton. They've worked together a good while.



I liked that.

- Bryan writeoff:
They've got to really change plans now that Bryan's cleared.


- N. Day/Bar:
These sides play off each other pretty well.

I swear New Day is seeing what shenanigans WWE will approve at this point. A feud over pancakes?

- R. Day/Lana:
Ooooohhhhh..... interesting. I'm curious what Aiden's future is without Rusev.


- Cass/Mini Bryan:
Cass is doing pretty well.



I wish WWE would care less about five-star matches. They're going too far to try to appeal to the vocal minority at the expense of their greater fan base.

I actually like this.

Fine to get us to Sunday.

- AJ/Joe/Nakamura:
Shinsuke playing mind games.

You'd think AJ would wear a cup by now.

Interesting. You'd think Joe would be focused on beating Roman.

OK, we get it. You hate Reigns. So does WWE all of a sudden.

They couldn't have saved Joe's involvement until AJ vs. Shinsuke wrapped up? Odd to tease another match five days before a WWE Title grudge match.

- Becky/Asuka/Charlotte:
I like the motivation here.


I hope they don't derail Carmella at Backlash.

- Sheamus vs. Xavier:
Woods has his hands full here.

Xavier might be able to do it!

Sheamus finally delivering the backbreaker.

Nice shining wizard spot.

I like the involvement of teammates here.

Not bad!

- Absolution backstage:
It's going to be tough having Absolution and the IIconics both trying to get over.

We'll see how Mandy and Sonya do going forward.

- Andrade/Zelina video:
I'm excited to see how these two will do. Almas vs. Bryan should be awesome.

- Charlotte/Asuka/Becky vs. Carmella/IIconics:
I think wrestling is overusing the spot where someone pretends to start the match and tags someone else in. It's a good spot, but it's getting cliche.

I like the IIconics' teamwork.

Slapping Asuka is NEVER a good idea what are you thinking?

I like Carmella being paired with Billie and Peyton.

The faces have a decided advantage.

Good work isolating a member at a time.

That was pretty badass!

-- 205 Live: 
- Itami/Akira vs. Kendrick/Jack:
I like how these two styles interact.


Everyone here is solid.

Good teamwork from the Japanese duo.

Solid work from Akira and Itami. I'm glad Hideo finally has a role.

Not bad at all.

- Post-match:
So.... is this the end of the tag team division? Without Akira and Itami as a pair, things look pretty slim.


- Gulak promo:
Nice.


- Murphy vs. Lewie:
I'd be frustrated, too, if I missed weight and had to pull out from a payday like GRR.


NICE ass-kicking.

- Post-match:
Good work overall.


- Cedric interview:
I like this feud. Both men have something to prove.


- Gulak vs. Kalisto:
Good strategy from Drew here.


Gulak has him scouted!

This is a good story.

I love Drew's ruthlessness.

SO MANY SUBMISSIONS I LOVE IT.

Kalisto is struggling against someone with such a good ground game.

Now Kalisto is getting momentum going.

This is pretty great!

REALLY good ending sequence.

- Post-match: 
Flippy lucha guys being put on notice!


More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment