Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Raw Reax - 5/14/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Nia/Ronda:
This should be saved for Summerslam, if done then. I'm all for using Ronda in a big way, but I'd like to see her work her way up to the title.

- Roman/Angle:
I'm now reluctantly OK with the Jinder push, given Raw's lack of depthon the heel side.

Realistically no matter how long Roman's out of the title picture, people are going to boo him until there's someone they hate more getting a bigger push. In other words, have Mojo beat Brock for the title at Summerslam.

Eh.

- Roman/Jinder:
Well, that didn't take long!!

Kind of goofy to use a superman punch in a "real" fight.

Kurt should automatically put Jinder in MITB, since he's at an unfair disadvantage in his qualification match.

- Rollins vs. Owens:
I like the story here.

NICE catching the suicide dive.

OOOOUUUCCCCHHHHHHHHH that Falcon Arrow.

I can only imagine how many suicide dives would be in Seth Rollins vs. Jay Lethal.

This is badass.

Ahhhhh. Seth looks more credible than Roman right now.

- Ronda/Nia:
I do like using the media attention at the NBC Upfront to make this happen. It just seems odd to do it so soon.

- Bo/Curtis/Angle:
If Bo and Curtis get a title shot, Breezango, The Ascension, Titus Worldwide, and Slater/Rhyno should be able to get the same treatment!

- Roode vs. Corbin vs. NWJ:
I expect Baron and Jose are both going to have momentum cut off here.

This is solid so far.

I would have popped for Jose winning on a rollup. What if a conga line helped him out at MITB?

Everyone looks good here.

Not bad!

- Owens/Angle/Mahal:
Um, Kevin lost clean. Time to move on.

I was hoping Stephanie would take a break from TV...

I'm guessing The Big Dog gives Jinder a receipt from last week.

- B Team vs. Breezango:
Fine undercard work.

It was there. I love Curtis and Bo, but I'm not clamoring for them to get pushed.

- Post-match:
Hey, might as well give Bray and Matt some fodder before they get wrecked by the Authors at Summerslam(?).

- AJ vs. Shinsuke on SDL:
BAH GAWD SOMEONE STOP BOOKING THIS DAMN MATCH! THE WWE UNIVERSE HAVE A FAMILY!!!

- Ember/Sasha/Natalya vs. R. Squad:
I'm still disappointed they didn't call themselves the Riott Family.


Nice start.

This isn't bad, although I wonder what this is setting up since Bayley isn't involved. I was all set for Ronda to be Natalya's friend.
 
- Dolph/Drew promo:
Not bad. Definitely an upgrade from Dolph YELLING ABOUT HOW GREAT HE IS.


- Deleters vs. Revival:I'm already bored with Woken Matt.

At least The Revival are getting to show what they can do.

Not bad. Just treading water until the Authors step up, it looks like.

- Banks/Bayley:
This is taking a really long time, and it's much harder to see Sasha in a sympathetic light than Bayley.

- Sami promo:
Obviously Vince or someone just found out about the royal wedding.

This is weird.

Wow. It looks like Raw's actually going to book him worse than Smackdown! At least he's not working with Mike Kanellis again... yet.

- Alexa vs. Bayley vs. Mickie:
Good work so far.

I'm enjoying the Alexa/Mickie relationship in this one.

This is funny.

It makes sense for Alexa to be in the title picture, but she hardly needs the briefcase to get another title shot.

- Reigns/Mahal:
Wow. Rude!

- Braun/Finn vs. Dolph/Drew:
Definitely a fan of Dolph being beat down.

It is good to see Drew right in the mix with guys like Braun and Finn.

This is pretty fun.

I was hoping for more Drew. Is he not 100% yet?

Mostly good. It's going to be tough to rehabilitate Ziggler after years upon years of him being defined as IC/US level at best.

- Owens vs. Elias vs. Lashley:
Good move to isolate Bobby.

I wouldn't mind Elias winning MITB. His momentum has stalled.

I love seeing Lashley's power on display.

Maybe beat the two former world champions before playing guitar?

Elias is mostly holding his own.

NICE double suplex.

Bobby is SO based.

Ehhhhh. Not super surprising to see Kevin get the win, really. At least he's not going to lose another tag match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment