Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 5/22/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- SDL:
- MizTV:
Kind of funny for New Day to dis the upcoming reality show.

I mean, they could have a triple threat to determine who goes to MITB?

Big knock on Kofi for choking six times.

Miz is SUCH a good instigator.

Fun work so far.

Silly work here.

Interesting to tease out what will happen in MITB.

- Big E vs. Miz:
I'd love to see both men as U.S. Champion down the line. And of course WWE Champion.

Miz is underrated with his psychology.

I love Big E going on a roll.

These two work together pretty well.

Looks like Miz and The Bar are buddies again.

Not bad at all!

- Cass backstage:
This comeback could not have gone much worse for Cass. A number of promising names have been hurt post-WM34. The Authors of Pain come to mind.

- Bryan interview:
Man. Bryan vs. Jeff could really be something.

I'm excited for this!

- Aiden/Lana/IIconics:
Aiden's doing better than I expected post-Vaudevillains.

Fine enough.

- Lana vs. Billie:
Wow. This is just an angle, eh?

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

- Vega promo:
I'm liking the build of Andrade so far. They're slowly progressing with him.

- Almas squash:
Almas is very smooth. I'm glad he's motivated now; he can definitely be someone of note.

- Carmella promo:
Fun.

- AJ/Shinsuke:
If Nakamura can't win in his own stipulation match, something's wrong. See Bray in the House of Horrors.

Ehhhhh.

From Shinsuke's perspective, the longer he keeps the stipulation a secret, the better.

Looks like we're in for Last Man Standing. If Shinsuke can't keep him down for three, what makes him think he can keep AJ down for ten?

These two keep delivering physically.

- G. Bros/Usos:
I'd normally be fine with the Usos rolling over these two, but I'd rather see something fresh with the Bludgeon Brothers.

- Usos vs. G. Bros:
I like the physicality here.

These sides work together pretty well.

- Naomi vs. Deville:
I like Sonya's intensity.

This is nice!

WOW. I'd like to see more between these two.

- Bryan vs. J. Hardy:

These two work together so far.

Both men delivering.

I'm loving this!

These are two ring veterans showing how it's done.

That was a hell of an ending! Impressive stuff.

- Post-match:
Joe vs. Bryan could REALLY big good.

It's a shame one of them has to lose!

-- 205 Live:
- Gulak promo:
Oh I'm all for this. Ground 'em and tap 'em!

- Commentary:
Oh this is definitely becoming a six-man tag.

- Gulak vs. Metalik:
This is like a chess match. Each man has a clear strategy.

I'm enjoying this.

Drew wearing him down to try to get on just the right submission.

Good fire from Gran.

This is pretty badass.

NICE.

- Murphy promo:
This is a BIG opportunity for Buddy. He's really turned his career around.

- TJP vs. Guy:
TJP makes it look way too easy. He's very smooth.

Nice work.

- Post-match:
I liked that. The 205 Live reboot has gone well so far.

- Cedric promo:
This is good to get across Cedric's story.

Solid.

- Tozawa promo:
This could be a passing of the torch.

- Akira vs. Hideo:
Oh this is badass.

Akira's having a moment here - this could be big for him.

I'm liking the back-and-forth here.

I love how hard they're hitting.

Akira keeping the pressure on him!

This is some great psychology. Both men are getting to shine.

Ahhhhhh man. Akira was close.

Pretty cool.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment