Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 5/8/18

Read on for my take on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- SD Live:
- Paige promo:
I don't know if I'd call it a success that my top title match ended in a double KO, and two Smackdown names lost to Raw names in important matches.

Not bad.

- Miz vs. Jeff:
Fine start.

Both men have wrestled the WWE style long enough to put together something good fairly effortlessly.

I like the back and forth here.

Nice counters to finishers.

I would have believed Jeff winning with a Swanton off that Twist of Fate. Miz has been choking since losing the IC Title.

Pretty solid work here.

Both men are impressive here.

OOOOHHHHH SSHHHIIITTTTTT nice ending, although I would have preferred if Miz got his knees up or something.

- Bar backstage:
Fun in a silly way.

Imagine having to explain this to a non-wrestling fan.

- Shinsuke interview:
I'm just not feeling this guy as a WWE Champion. His character and booking are holdhing him back.

- Carmella promo:
That should go over well. I mean, she's a better partier than wrestler!

- MITB promos:
Hahaha Tye winning MITB. He'll be lucky to make the Kickoff show.

- IIconics promo:
It's good these two get so much mic time to get themselves over.

- Charlotte vs. Peyton:
Charlotte is at a high level.

I'm enjoying this.

Good teamwork from the Aussies.

Damn. This is better than the Backlash match!

Fine to keep Charlotte's momentum.

- Bryan interview:
Oh joy. Another star with potential who will have to be pushed aside for Bryan.

- Cesaro vs. Xavier:
This is solid so far.

I love the goofiness. The action is still good.

It's good to see Xavier getting to show what he can do.

NICE finish.

- AJ interview:
PLEASE END THIS SOON.

- B. Bros promo:
Holy shit.

Pretty cool.

- Paige/Rose/Sonya:
The former Absolution are being thrown into the fire pretty quickly.

- Becky vs. Mandy:
So-so so far.

Ehhhhh. Mandy's still a work in progress, for sure.

- N. Day/Bar announcement:
Interesting.... that could lead to splitting Cesaro and Sheamus, since only one can enter MITB. I'm split on that.

- Almas next week:
I'm curious what they'll do with him. He's kind of got to start from square one, as they're not going to give him a big 20+ minute match next week.

- Rusev vs. Bryan:
I've been looking forward to this.

This is already good.

Bryan hasn't missed a step at all.

This is badass.

NICE submission spot.

I do love Bryan as a wrestler. I just think they're pushing him way too hard at the expense of others.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was expecting Cass or Aiden to cost Bryan the match, but they mostly gave Rusev the rub.

- Post-match:
Again, shocked that Big Cass hasn't run in.

-- 205 Live: 
- Jack/Brian vs. Lince/Gran:
Nice start.

The luchadores are very smooth.

I like what Kendrick brings to the division.

This is quite solid.

Fun flashiness from Lince and Gran.

- Ali/Murphy:
I like the matches not just being thrown out there. There's good continuity on the show now.

I'm very glad Murphy has found a role (provided he can keep making weight). He had been struggling in NXT for a LONG time.

- Nese vs. Clayball:
Nese is on a mission to prove himself. I like it.

Keith took advantage of the opening there.

Pretty cool.

- Itami video:
I can live with this. I hope he can finally be a breakout name.

- Drake/Cedric:
Oh shit! I'm all about the change of pace next week.

- Mustafa vs. Murphy:
Ooooooh this is good.

I like how these two each have a strategy that makes sense with their strengths.

This is solid.

Nice sleeper spot.

I'm loving Murphy as a powerhouse.

This was put together well.

Murphy comes across as a sadistic SOB in this one.

AWESOME spot with Buddy trying to get a KO and Mustafa having enough heart to get back up.

BEAUTIFUL powerbomb counter.

HHHOOLLLLLYYYYYYY SHIT that superkick spot on the outside.

Ahhhh. That missed 450 is going to cost him.

BADASS. Really good all the way through.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment