Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Raw Reax - 5/7/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Braun/Owens:
I'd rather have a Raw MITB match and a Smackdown MITB match. I'm all for giving women opportunities, but there's more potential with two male briefcases given how comparatively small the women's rosters are.


Funny Braun story.

Ummmm.... you'd think LASHLEY would want a shot in the match given how Backlash went.

I still don't see Kevin making it.

- Braun vs. Owens:
I like this so far.

I'm liking the build of Strowman.

Kevin is definitely working hard.

I applaud Kevin getting back up, but Braun's got his number here.

Boom. Another loss for Kevin. They're going to have to turn some top-level faces.

- Reigns interview:
I mean, he's got a point. Someone's sabotaging his career for some reason.


Shit, Roman has to win a MITB match? I thought he was the uncrowned champion??

- MITB promos:
It looked like there was build for a tag team MITB match. That was confusing. Breezango were entertaining, though.


- Goldust/Angle/Mahal:
So.... wait... Jinder gets a potential match, but Goldust doesn't???? Way to blow off a fellow Attitude
Era guy and Impact alum.


- Jose/Titus/Apollo vs. Baron/Revival:
Fun so far.


Jose is definitely more than a gimmick.

So much for Jose getting a push. This was basically a Main Event match.

- Ember vs. Ruby vs. Sasha:
Let me guess, Sasha and Bayley are going to be in MITB, so they STILL don't have a singles match.


I like Ruby letting the faces work it out.

Ruby looks strong so far.

Sasha vs. Ember could be a lot of fun.

The Sasha/Bayley feud has really stretched out.

Nice ending.

- Post-match:
I think Ember can really be someone.

- Lashley profile:
Bobby has been one of the best parts of wrestling the last few years. I'm glad he's back in WWE.

- Sami/Kevin:
I'm begging for WWE to split these two. Sami Zayn's been on the main roster four years without winning a single title, and is in danger of being known as "that guy who worked with Kevin Owens a lot" rather than for his own merits.

- Mahal vs. Gable:
So good to see more from Chad.

Gable's shining here.

Not bad to continue to build Jinder as an opponent to the guy who can't beat Brock Lesnar.

- Post-match:
That would have been a good way to bring Jordan back. Just saying.


- More MITB promos:
Hmmm.... I'm curious what this means for Alexa's shoulder injury.


- Angle/Ryder/Mahal:
Goddamn, Kurt! Jinder's trying to grab that brass ring and you're holding him back!!


- Dolph/Drew vs. Heath/Rhyno:
This match has world champions from three different wrestling promotions.


Pretty fun.

- Elias/Roode:
Fine work, but I think Elias' momentum has stalled. There was SUCH a good opportunity to have Elias as Braun's partner at Mania, but I see why they wanted to do Woken Matt and Bray as
champions.


- Roode vs. Elias:
I'd be upset if I had to be in that Backlash segment, too!


These two work together well. Elias has grown.

That was solid!

- Post-match:
I like how many people are interested in MITB. It's a really big opportunity!

- Seth/Mojo:
Miz did have a heck of a showing. He's probably got to job to Super-Bryan, now, though.

Glad to see Mojo getting a shot. I love Finn, but it's time for something new.

I'm glad people still love Ryder.

- Seth vs. Mojo:
This is a big opportunity for Rawley.

Man, Seth is working circles around him.

Eeeeeegggggghhhhhhh. Mojo certainly didn't excel there.

- Deleters vs. Bo/Curtis:
Bo and Curtis need to advertise for a new leader.

Just a showcase for Matt and Bray.

- Finn vs. Sami vs. Reigns:
Haha Roman already showing himself as THE BIG DOG.

Wow. This is pretty fun. I like it spilling out to the crowd.

This is pretty badass!

Fun to watch Finn vs. Sami.

Roman can be pretty impressive when used in the right places.

I'm loving this interaction.

NICE Helluva counter.

That was a LOT of fun. Glad to see Finn getting away from Sami. Less glad to see Jinder of all people as Roman's opponent after he's been thoroughly defined as not even U.S./IC title level. THE BIG DOG should be able to squash him.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment