Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Smackdown 1000 and Mixed Match Challenge Reax - 10/16/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown 1000 and Mixed Match Challenge.
-- SD1000:
- Truth TV:
Imagine starting off seeing this after not watching WWE for a while.

NNNOOOO ANOTHER MCMAHON SEGMENT.

STOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP it's the same thing it always is.

At least it's obvious who's putting these segments together.

- AJ/Bryan vs. Usos:
Probably just a matter of time before AJ and Bryan win.

That double submission spot was great.

Good to see the Usos get some good offense in.

WHAAAATTTTT that was a pleasant surprise.

- GMs segment:
Authority figure reunion!

- Evolution:
I love Orton's snark.

It's great to see Batista back.

THAT WAS AWESOME to set up HHH vs. Batista.

- Miz vs. Rusev:
Eh. I guess that makes up for Miz's quick loss.

- Post-match:
I really wonder where Rusev and Aiden go after this.

- Cutting Edge:
I honestly think they could have combined this with Truth TV and it would have been pretty fun.

Hahaha nice rundown of his history.

I love them playing off Edge's past with this.

THIS IS BADASS.

That was a really good moment, and shows how to use non-wrestlers in meaningful ways.

- Xavier/E vs. Bar:
Solid work early.

I'm enjoying the action from everyone.

These guys are smooth.

Both sides are shining here.

THE BAR ARE ABSOLUTE MONSTERS HAVE THEY NO SOULS????

Oh no. I'm reliving previous Big Show angles.

I don't have high hopes for this.

- Cena message:
Cena becoming more and more like Rock.

- Rey vs. Shinsuke:
Off to something of a sloppy start.

I have missed Rey in WWE.

Fine for the time it had.

- Taker appears:
I actually like the "three words for DX" tag line.

-- MMC:
- Lashley/Mickie vs. Roode/Natalya:
A rematch of an Impact World Championship match here.

HAHAHA that cat ears spot.

Solid women's action here.

Ehhh. I wasn't a huge fan of that ending. Lio gets to be on three shows this week, though.

- Post-match:
I like cocky Asuka.

- Miz/Asuka vs. Rusev/Lana:
Miz and Asuka are a fun combination.

This is solid.

I'm surprised Miz and Asuka won with that dissension.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment