Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2019

205 Live, NXT, and ROH Reax - 1/9/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's 205 Live, NXT, and ROH.
-- 205 Live:
- Nese promo:
Eh. Not bad, I guess.

- Nese vs. Dar:
Dar is very technically proficient.

I'd love to see Noam on here more.

This is pretty good so far.

Both men are impressive here.

This is worth checking out.

Fine work here.

- Kendrick promo:
Well this is kind of weird.

Hmmm... will Brian cheat to help Akira?

- Drake/Gulak/Gallagher/Kanellises:
Haha the no top rope thing is still in effect.

I mean yeah I'd be upset if I was on the road and not wrestling, too.

I hope that's not a tease of 205 Live going to two hours.

Looks like Gulak, Jack, and Mike are going to be the welcoming committee for new talents.

- Lio promo:
Fine to continue the feud.

- Cedric vs. Itami:
Fine start.

Good work early.

Cedric is impressing here.

Both men are good in this one.

Both men are clearly experienced.

Nice plancha spot.

Ouchhhh that Falcon Arrow.

Wow! Itami's actually going places!

- Post-match:
It looks like we're in for a fresh face challenging Buddy soon. I'm all for it.

-- NXT:
- Gargano/Ricochet/Ciampa/Black:
I love Johnny's character. They didn't just suddenly make him heel. He still believes he's doing the right thing.

Ciampa the master manipulator.

Gargano vs. Ricochet should be AMAZING.

Well here come more Undertaker comparisons for Aleister.

Pretty good work.

- Tag title announcement:
That should also be pretty good. I wouldn't mind UE losing; they should be Raw or SDL bound after Mania.

- Cross vs. Belair:
Oh I like this already.

Nikki can definitely be a player on Raw or SDL. They just have to, you know, treat her like one.

Nice work here.

I liked the work outside the ring.

Pretty good work!

- Profits promo:
I really hope these guys can get off the ground in 2019. They're just kind of there right now as far as NXT is concerned.

- Aichner/Barthel squash:
This is more competitive than I expected!

Pretty interesting finisher.

- Ricochet interview:
Please make it happen, Regal!

- Keith interview:
Ohhhhh boy Ohno messed with the wrong guy.

- Cole vs. EC3:
I like this so far.

I like Cole's strategy here.

Both men look good here, with Cole looking particularly smooth.

I liked that!

- Post-match:
I like this combination of stars.

We might be looking at new champions soon!

-- ROH:
- Opening video:
It's the start of a new era. Also this feels like a long time ago given all the developments for AEW.

- Sabin/Flip/Castle/Scurll/Taven/Lethal: 
They're getting right into something new!

I like the acknowledgements of earned opportunities.

I can't say I didn't expect Taven. Lethal vs. Taven headlining MSG is going to turn a lot of people off.

HAHAHAH that shot at Scurll.

That was cool!

- Cobb vs. Luchasaurus:
Damn. Luchasaurus is making a mark early.

This is pretty cool.

Impressive!

- Klein promo:
Ooh. That's significant.

- Klein vs. Addams:
Pretty straightforward.

- Rose promo:
Eh. That's one way to move on from Sumie.

- Bouncers:
Looks like we might finally get a Silas/Bouncers feud. I'm curious if Bully will be involved.

- Daniels/Koff/Taylor:
Yeah this would have played better a week or more ago. Kazarian and Sky still being hurt from Final Battle is a stretch.

This is GOOD.

That was a really good speech.

Yeah it's a shame this is so outdated.

NICE heel move.

Pretty cool to establish Taylor.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can't sign a contract that's been torn up and swallowed. Oh well!

- Scurll vs. Castle vs. Sabin vs. Flip:
This is an impressive match, but I don't know if I can buy all of them as world champion contenders.

I was hoping the other three would chase Scurll.

Fun work so far.

Interesting combinations here.

Everyone here is solid.

That 619 spot was AWESOME.

Alright. Good work.

- Post-match:
I'm curious where Castle goes "if" he doesn't take the title from Lethal.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment