Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2019

Honor Reigns Supreme Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Honorclub event.
- Quinn/Hollis/Skyler promo:
Oh boy I'm glad I didn't attend this show.

- Quinn/Hollis/Skyler vs. SSS:
OK start, I guess. Definitely very "live event."

- Haskins vs. Bruiser:
Not bad so far.

That was solid for the time it had.

- Post-match:
This show's kind of dragging so far.

- Juice/Finlay vs. Friends:
Another frustrating thing about ROH is people randomly switching being faces and heels.

This is picking up well.

Solid!

- Post-match:
I guess we're in for a US Title match at some point. Or at least NJPW is.

- Kenny on commentary:
Well hey at least we haven't seen Bully yet.

- Flip vs. Tracy:
Either this is a terrible angle or one of ROH's shining workers is out.

- Post-match:
Odd. Looks like they don't know quite what to do here.

- Kingdom vs. Helms/Delirious/Saurus:
ROH needs to show us they can deliver awesome matches without the AEW crew. I'm not seeing that so far beyond the Friends match.

If Taven can't beat these three in 15 minutes, what does it say about him as a world title contender?

Not bad.

- Bandido vs. Black:
Wow. Bandido's impressive here.

Ha. Both men showing off.

They're really making up for a lackluster show.

This is insane! Wow.

That finisher was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. These two delivered and gave me a measure of hope for ROH's 2019.

- Cobb vs. Taylor vs. Gresham vs. Titus:
Yeah Titus is taking the fall here if ROH isn't crazy.

Sigh. More shenanigans.

- Cobb vs. Gresham vs. Titus:
Solid story so far.

This is picking up.

Solid once they actually got to wrestle!

- Post-match:
Interesting pairing. Cobb vs. Taylor should be fun.

- Klein vs. Rose:
OK the balloon spot was funny.

I swear ROH is mostly goofing off on this show. It's been a month since they've aired something live and this is what they give us?

Well that was an odd splash spot.

They're picking things up now.

Mostly good. Way too many silly spots and shenanigans on this show.

- VE entrance:
I thought the whole point was that they're a group now? Why'd they come out separately? ROH makes me shake my head sometimes.

- Briscoes/Silas vs. VE:
Chop party!

VE is definitely an interesting combination.

OH MY GOD THAT CANNONBALL.

OK now THIS is delivering.

I'm loving all of this.

I see the PCO hype!!!

Now that was worth checking out.

- Aldis promo:
Aldis seems a little out of place without Cody, but I'm fine with him sticking around.

- Lethal vs. Castle:
Nice fire from Dalton.

This is smooth!

I'm impressed with this one.

I do think it's probably time to plan Lethal dropping the title. It's getting a little tired.

Both men looked like big-time athletes here. Nice end to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment