Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Raw Reax - 1/7/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Lashley/Rollins:
Hey this is definitely a different start to Raw!

I love a big fight.

Fine by me.

- Cena/Drew/Lio/Seth/Lashley/Ambrose/Finn:
I mean, last year he didn't have a match at WrestleMania until it was actually WrestleMania.

Wow. Things have definitely changed from "I'm just doing a few live events."

It's been six years since they've been in a ring together. I actually kind of miss 3MB, although I'm glad McIntyre is doing good things now.

I definitely like that Drew is concerned about John the wrestlers.

Wow. They're really building Cena.

I like all they've done to put Drew over.

Haha I like self-aware Cena.

Can we get Lawyer Otunga back???

Pretty wild. We've got a little bit of everything here.

- Cena/Finn/Seth vs. Dean/Drew/Lashley:
At least Corbin's not involved.

Drew's good.

Wow Cena doing the Five Moves of Doom on Raw in 2019. What was that about change?

Cena, unsurprisingly, still has it.

Good work from everyone.

Pretty good stuff.

Worth checking out.

- HHH/Seth:
Wow. That's ambitious of Seth.

- Hogan promo:
Pretty cool.

Ahhh memories for a time I didn't live in.

No complaints from me. We'll see how they use him going forward.

- Revival promo:
I'm thinking The Revival end up fighting with the lumberjacks.

- Gable/Roode vs. Revival:
I like when wrestlers try to hit a finisher early, since fans expect a match to go long.

Smooth work.

I have a soft spot for lumberjack matches for some reason.

Gable and Roode make a good team. I suppose that's a bit unsurprising given how good they are as singles stars.

I'm impressed with this.

Pretty nice.

- Post-match:
And there's your rematch tease.

- Elias/Corbin:
Yeah Elias is getting really stale.

Mehhhhh.

- Elias vs. Corbin:
Pretty basic.

OK this is heating up.

Not bad.

- Ambrose promo:
I mostly like Dean's new direction.

- Braun/Heyman:
OK not sure why he needed to take off his shirt.

Heyman's always good, but the whole thing's getting stale. I wouldn't mind Braun winning at all. Heck, set up a triple threat for WM35 with the Rumble winner and Brock's rematch.

It is pretty crazy to build to a major event with a champion who could not care less about appearing there.

I wouldn't have been shocked if Brock wasn't actually there and this was pre-taped.

Maaaaaaan the sooner we get away from part-time Brock, the better.

- Jinder/Singhs/Alicia:
I mean they might as well continue this, since nothing else is going on with them.

- Jinder/Alicia vs. Apollo/Ember:
Promoted from Main Event.

Fine to fill some time.

- Moment of Bliss:
Oh. Well. I didn't see Ronda vs. Sasha coming.

I like Nia using Seth's rematch as a reason to get one.

Ehhhh. Not awful.

- Sasha vs. Nia:
I like how these two work together.

Wow. This is spilling out.

I like this so far.

Sasha's putting in work here.

They're telling a good story here.

This is an obvious women's tag title match.

Really solid stuff.

- Dean vs. Seth:
This feud might not end until one man or the other moves to Smackdown Live.

Good work here.

Yessss a Falls Count Anywhere match spilling backstage.

Pretty fun stuff.

This feels big.

I love the chaos here.

This is basically a hardcore match. To me, falls count anywhere doesn't necessarily mean no DQ; rather you can beat someone anywhere.

I love when someone does something like a thumb to the eye in the day of springboard 450 splashes and suicide hurricanranas.

These two always deliver with each other.

That was pretty cool!

- Post-match:
Good work all around.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment